We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from train station to dock - is it worth?

Jaffa, Israel
Level Contributor
546 posts
2 reviews
Walk from train station to dock - is it worth?

Coming back from Oschinsee towards Thun with family I thought walking to see lovely Spiez.

So I thought maybe walk from train station down to dock and take the boat to Thun. I wonder how scenic is this walk? Walking on sidewalk? Easy enough for children?

I like to take picture so stunning places to take pictures are great

4 replies to this topic
Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
18,444 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Walk from train station to dock - is it worth?

It is of course going to be safe. In Switzerland children as young as 4 years are expected to be able to walk to school on their own. So it will be safe for your children as well.

It is however downhill, and then uphill back. But the area by the lake is nice, especially around the castle. Maybe finish of by taking the boat back to Interlaken?

Jaffa, Israel
Level Contributor
546 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Walk from train station to dock - is it worth?

Thanks.

Well i intended to walk downhill and thrn take the boat to Thun. Just wondered if the route down is scenic or just walking through backyards of houses?

Is it going by the castle? Any photogenic spots on the way?

Any signs how to walk?

Israel
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
1,600 reviews
7,765 helpful votes
3. Re: Walk from train station to dock - is it worth?

No- it’s not scenic, and yes- it is walking through paths between homes, and no, it doesn’t pass the castle and is not scenic.

For sure no signs how to walk- even passing locals couldn’t agree on how to do it.

The place for the most scenic view is from the little overlook platform opposite the train station (cross the road with Migros to the right and find some red metal chairs). It is especially magical at night, when the castle is illuminated.

Edited: 1 year ago
Israel
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
1,600 reviews
7,765 helpful votes
4. Re: Walk from train station to dock - is it worth?

👆… and to help you understand to what I am referring, I will now post a photo that I took two weeks ago of Schloss Spiez, taken from that very same platform- I think that is an outstanding professional-quality photo. You should be able to see it on my profile page above this note

Reply to: Walk from train station to dock - is it worth?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spiez
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.