We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spiez train station

Gisborne, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Spiez train station

Hi all we have just arrived at Spiez by train. All our luggage has been lost by the airline we flew with yesterday. Just have the clothes we are standing in. Can anyone advise where nearby we might find clothes stores and toiletries please? Many thanks

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
70,636 posts
263 reviews
386 helpful votes
1. Re: Spiez train station

I feel so sorry for you all -- a terrible thing to have happened. Very likely the suitcases will show up in a day or so. Meantime - there is a Lidl very near the station in Spiez (on Thunstrasse) and right across from the station is a Coop Supermarket. Between those two you should be able to get all the toiletries you need. For clothes I suggest you go to the Manor store in Thun. It is right across from the station. It isn't a huge store though but should have enough of the basic things to get you by.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
209 reviews
138 helpful votes
2. Re: Spiez train station

And keep the invoices with you. After you get your luggage, file a claim with the airline, with copies of the receipts, for the clothes and toiletries that you had to buy in an emergency situation.

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
70,636 posts
263 reviews
386 helpful votes
3. Re: Spiez train station

IATA limits the amount you can claim. The person I know who would have most information about this as well as how to file the claim is our DE "Roland". You might ask him for guidance.

4. Re: Spiez train station

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Spiez
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.