We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay ?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
157 posts
23 reviews
55 helpful votes
Where to stay ?

Dear all, I have a last 2 days of the accommodation that I am not sure where should i stay. We will have to travel back to Zurich at the end of the 7th day. So we started in Lucerne for 2 nights, followed by Wengen for 3 Nights. Then we have another 2 nights, we intend to visit Bern, so not sure if we should stay in Spiez or Zarmatt? Would like to ask for your opinion.

2 replies to this topic
Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
70,638 posts
263 reviews
386 helpful votes
1. Re: Where to stay ?

If you want to go to Zermatt then don't stay in Spiez, stay in Zermatt. Zermatt is at the end of a very long valley and it takes time to get there. Views from the Gornergrat above Zermatt are the best in the country...

http://www.zermatt.ch

Zermatt to Zürich is 3 hours via Visp. Check connections on http://www.sbb.ch/en There is one train an hour from Visp to the ZRH airport. At other times you have to change in Bern and sometimes also in Zürich HB so best to take the direct train if you have luggage.

Spiez is a nice small town on lake Thun. It has a very pretty harbour. However it is not that far from Wengen and you could just stay put in Wengen and visit Spiez, take a lake cruise etc as a day trip...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
157 posts
23 reviews
55 helpful votes
2. Re: Where to stay ?

Thanks very much for your reply. Looks like I can visit spiez from Wengen oe Thun lake if I have the time. Then I probably wil stay in Zermatt and may visit Bern.

Reply to: Where to stay ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spiez
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.