We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

live music

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
live music

I'm not long back from a trip to Lanzarote where, although the tourists were (like us) 'mature', we were spoilt for cholce with really good live music in some of the bars. We will be in Port d'Alcudia on 20 May for 7 days before returning to Palma for a further 3, and would really like to find similar entertainment this break. I'm sure we will be in Alcudia old town some evenings, so can include there as well.

My research has turned up good things to occupy us during the day, and some restaurants we're keen to visit, but nothing for the evenings after we've eaten.

Our taste in music is broad, but we've no interest in clubbing. If nothing's available, we'd appreciate any other suggestions - we like pub quizzes, but Bingo would be a definite no thanks.

Any help will be great, please.

13 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
2 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: live music

We're there at the moment. Not found much so far although Los Palomitos has something on in the evenings.

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: live music

Thanks very much tiggerwoods. Los Palomitos is now on the list of bars to visit. When I googled it I saw it translates to 'little pigeons or doves', so that's something to add to my half dozen phrases in holiday Spanish! If you find any more live music I'd love to hear from you again.

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: live music

Hi, every sunday afternoon at the jolly roger is ' rock around the pool' absolutely brilliant, tourists and locals come every sunday, it gets packed, great rock band playing all the classics. The new inn always had live music on a couple of times a week and mucky o' maras usually has a singer on, most of the hotels have entertainment on, if you are buying drinks, non residents are usually welcome, i hope this helps ! 😎

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: live music

Thanks for this info Juby5. Yes, it is helpful. Great rock band playing the classics - what's not to like? Sadly, we arrive in PDA around lunch time this Sunday and leave early the following one. Google Maps estimate a 35 minute walk from our hotel (Eix) to the Jolly Roger so this may perhaps work out. We do like to walk locally on our first day, so (bus transfer going as planned and us arriving roughly on time) it may be really good to have a wander down there. Do you perhaps know how late the band plays for? It's be a great shame to get there as they are packing up!

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: live music

Hi ukannalondon, i think you are going to be in luck as the band don't really get going until around 3 and usually play till around 6 so i would say you have plenty of time ! You'll love it !! 😎

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: live music

Excellent! Thanks very much indeed - what a good start to our holiday.

I'll check out the other venues you mention, too, and if you come across anywhere else you think is good, or if anyone else has suggestions for the evenings, I'd love to hear more!

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: live music

If you like quizzes, then yummy yummys have one on most nights, also champions have one, paco's has entertainment too and the white rose, all of these are on the strip, if you don't mind a brit bar ! We find the delphin azul has good entertainment on too, they usually asvertise on a board outside 😎, we love the old town of an evening too, great for a wander and nice meal, never found any live entertainment though ! Your hotel is in the port which has some amazing places to eat, you won't be dissapointed 😀

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: live music

Yes, unfortunately there's not a lot of live music in resort. A few years back there was places like pago Pago and Luna's Grill that had tribute acts and live music but they're no longer around. Best place to find quizzes, bingo etc. are the brit bars up the top of the strip. There's been a few mentiones already above, the ones we go to are The White Rose Family Fun Pub and next door to that is Paco's Funnybunnys. We did the quiz in Yummy Yummy's as well but Sara who runs the entertainment in the White Rose will look after you. Definitely go to the Jolly Roger on the Sunday you arrive, the only thing is you generally have to get there early at peak holiday season to get a table but as you're going next week, should be a bit easier to get one then that in July or August. Still be busy though. The ports bars are few and far between nowadays but there is a bar at the other side of the Condes de Alcudia hotel from the EIX called Sgt Peppers. They have (or did last year) a live singer on, on a Saturday night. You won't miss the Condes de ALcudia Hotel, it's the tallest along there with nine floors.

We stayed at the EIX Alcudia Hotel last year and it was a great hotel. Rooms aren't big but they are all tastefully decorated and there are two pools to choose from, the upper near the bar door or the lower down the steps. The lower is the one we used most as it's chilled out. It was also handy if you wanted to pop out of the complex for a bit shopping or stroll as the back gate of the hotel is down there, saves going through the hotel and round the long way. Stays closed after a certain time at night so you will need to use the main door of the hotel when you come back from a night out. Food at this hotel is excellent, scary amounts to choose from. They have theme nights each night and they also have a barbecue night on a Tuesday night round the lower pool. Staff are all friendly and approachable.

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: live music

All the above is going to be really useful to us - so thank you all. I can't wait to get going!

Level Contributor
2 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: live music

Not tried these but The White Horse and Woodys are advertising live music. There are shows at Astoria Playa where we are staying, which are okay. Have fun!

Reply to: live music
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia
Recent Conversations