We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Papis

Nottingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Papis

Does anyone know why Papis is shut??

49 replies to this topic
Magaluf, Spain
Level Contributor
141 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Papis

Hi. Just after walking passed and also saw it was closed . Didn’t see any notice displayed. . It has already been open for the season. Posted same question on local Fb and only reply so far says will be open in a few days. Will let you know if I hear any more.

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Papis

Very disappointed that papi's bar was closed, asked about while I was in Majorca and was told that they had to have it sound proofed, which I found was very strange as been going there for years. Anyone have any information about the bar as going back to majorca soon

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
6,518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Papis

This will be why...

https://majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/…

Magaluf, Spain
Level Contributor
141 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Papis

The soundproof will not be the reason as there is no live music or even karaoke in Papis after midnight. More to the point alterations / improvements that had been done , even in past year or so , may be not according to plan or proper building license and now having to undo or wait. Just know it was not allowed to open until sorted. As said before Calvià council not only cracking down on tourists that misbehave but also businesses that push boundaries. Their aim is to improve and upgrade the resorts for all to enjoy.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Papis

On Hooched Rock face book page it said there was some building work that needed finishing off and it had to shut for a few days to do it, that was last week. Is it still closed? We are arriving 6th june, im hoping its back open then.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Papis

This is what got posted

Jacqueline Hawthorne nope! Nothing to do with noise levels, they had to close to finish some building work which they had been trying to do whilst staying open but had to close to get it finished is all, will be open again any day now. Will post when we can

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Papis

I was in papi 's Friday morning speaking to the owner and the guy from the council was there too, testing the sound proof, while I was in there i asked when they would be opening and he said he got to go back to the council to see if they had passed the sound proof regulations. I also spoke to a few taxi drivers who were outside and told me the same thing. Papis was also open the Saturday before. Just saying what I was informed while our there

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
6,518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Papis

Good to know I wasn’t talking out of my behind... thanks for the update Georgia.

Magaluf, Spain
Level Contributor
141 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Papis

HI Trinet. I am sure that Papi’s now have to observe the council rules and undo, as I said, the pushing of boundaries and perhaps unauthorised ‘improvements’ and not solely a soundproofing problem. Such a shame that action has started not long after they opened for the season and has had to shut until resolved. I am sure the size of the place will be trimmed back a bit as it seems the terrace , council owned, has been stripped away. Great bar, food , staff and not forgetting the live rock band Hooch that have played there for years. Hope all sorted soon and rocking again.

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Papis

Surely there are bigger issues around palma nova & magaluf such as the men & women hanging around the streets im sure you will know what I am talking about, maybe the council & police sound start tidying up the streets before worrying about noise levels in these pubs

Reply to: Papis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova