We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

scotland
Level Contributor
216 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

Does anyone know if the rumours have any truth that the hotel is being upgraded to gold and that a refurb is starting when it closes for season in October this was just what was being put around whilst we were there couple weeks ago but may just be rumours however there is a good few hotels having a lot of work done just be in time for brexit to kick in and folk won't be able to afford a decent holiday hope they don't price them selfs out the market

25 replies to this topic
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
6,711 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

Folk wont be able to afford a decent holiday? 😆 Seriously, get a grip, incase you hadnt noticed despite all the scaremongering and naysayers the exchange rate is gradually going back up again down to the strength of the UK economy. Your holidays wont cease to exist when the exit is complete.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

I don't know what Brexit has to do with hotels being refurbished . If they weren't being done up people would be moaning that they are looking tired .

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

Calvia introduced a plan about 7 or 8 years ago now, the idea was that ALL hotels in the Magaluf/Palmanova area must be upgraded and renovated to 4 star standard, I think by 2020.

Nothing to do with Brexit.

Oh, and the exchange rate at the time was almost parity - €1.02 - and people still afforded to go away.

Google and find out the closing exchange rates for December 2009.

scotland
Level Contributor
216 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

Only a question I asked don't need an attack I am not worried I can afford my holidays

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

Yes going to be refurbished starting at close of season according to staff but no guarantee it will all be completed by 2018 it will be ongoing

scotland
Level Contributor
216 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

Thanks Jakie g that's what I heard whilst there in April like you say maybe not complete on time like some of the others depending on how much work envoled we have gone for a number of years To Santa Lucia in spring time so next year we are booked else where will return when refurb complete hotel is in the best location in Palma nova

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

Yes,it is being refurbished completely by 2018 but we are paying less than this year.Look at Tui pics for the hotel.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,781 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

2008-2009 (for 5 quarters) is recognised as the worst global recession since WW2 -

over 60 years at the time so it's not an apples for apples comparison to what is happening now. Refurbishment I agree will have little to do with pre-post Brexit but none of us can really know what will happen because no deal has even been struck yet. The largest British association of businesses, the CBI, argued to remain. However it's done now - so we can only hope it won't have an adverse affect on the economy and jobs etc. Have to look forward and not back.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

All the guy asked was the Santa Lucia getting a refurb for 2018.I feel sure he didnt want a lecture.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,781 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018

Greencastle - it was the OP who brought up the whole Brexit thing in the question before anyone even replied. You're right though - s/he didn't specifically ask for a lecture nearly a year ago so I won't charge on this occasion.

Reply to: Santa Lucia hotel changes for 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations