We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transport

England
Level Contributor
606 posts
1 review
airport transport

We stay in Four View Oasis and want to go to airport by air bus instead of any private transfer.

There is aeorbus route for SAM from Canico to Airport. It costs 5 euro each way from Funchal to Airport. Can anyone tell me how I can go to airport by public transport. Otherwise we may have to go to Funchal by bus and then catch an aeorbus from Funchal to airport.

Just want to cut the cost and don't mind travelling via public transfer. Any suggestions.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: airport transport

I'm not sure whether or not there is a bus service from Canico to the airport.Depending on how many of you there are, it could work out more expensive going via Funchal than getting a taxi from Canico to the airport.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
11,207 posts
85 reviews
2. Re: airport transport

Here is a map of the Sam buses which take in airport to Caniço

http://www.sam.pt/en/network-map.html

Alternatively why not prebook a taxi for the journey, pre booking is cheaper than using taxis parked at the airport. Some offer discount for pre pay. As said, it may work out cheaper depending how many people are in your group.

England
Level Contributor
606 posts
1 review
3. Re: airport transport

Thanks for the reply.

There are only 2 of us. That's why I thought it would be cheaper to catch the public bus transport to the airport from Caniço rather than taxi.

Looking at the network-map from SAM, there is no bus service going to airport from Canico on Sunday though.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
11,207 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: airport transport

That is normal, all bus companies operate a reduced service on Sundays. If you want details of reliable taxis, let us know and we will post details. It won't be a huge cost, it is a short distance.

England
Level Contributor
606 posts
1 review
5. Re: airport transport

Thanks flowercity,

It would be good if you could send the details of the reliable taxis. Our departure day is on new year day (Sunday) though.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
11,207 posts
85 reviews
6. Re: airport transport

Here are some links

www.madeira-airport-transfers.com

www.madeira-seekers.com

www.danielmadeirataxis.com

The taxis work all days so your return day won't be a problem. Most of the links I have provided will give you a cost before you commit.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: airport transport

taxi from Canico - Airport -15 euros--if you want his number -P.M me

there are NO buses from where you are are that go to the airport on any day.

you will have to walk up to Canico ,through the town and onto the old airport road--probably 45 -60 minutes ALL uphill

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,936 posts
58 reviews
8. Re: airport transport

www.madeira-airport-transfers.com is a very reliable company which many of us use here on tripadvisor forum .From Canico to the airport would cost 17 euros but if you prebook and pay in advance there is an 8 % discount bringing the cost down to 15.64 euros .Well worth the cost for the excellent service provided .

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: airport transport

i use a local guy that can beat that with a 15 euro fare !

10. Re: airport transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2018, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Canico
Recent Conversations