We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveler

1 post
Solo traveler

Hi i am going on my first trip by my self Aug 2017 staying at Royal orchid for 2 wks what r the best places 2 eat and drink and trips any body would recommend doing x

2 replies to this topic
Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
11,222 posts
85 reviews
1. Re: Solo traveler

Caniço is split into two areas, one is uphill, but there are some nice restaurants. The Hotel is getting good reviews and has a courtesy bus into Funchal where you will have a huge choice of restaurants, but apparently you need to prebook the day before to use it. I don't see any local trip companies but the City companies will pick you up for a charge. Caniço is about 15/20 minutes from Funchal by car/bus.Your Hotel reception will have information for trips. An alternative is to hire a taxi and driver to take you to popular places. If you click on 'restarants' in the green bnar at the top, you will see the restaurants and their location.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
118 reviews
2. Re: Solo traveler

Hi if you walk up the hill that leads to your hotel and turn left there is a resturant down some steps set in a garden, or turn right walk about 300 yards and you will come to a small block of resturants one of which is Habeas corpus, in my opinon the best resturant in your area, if you only go there once have the steak on a stone, if you walk past the resturants you will come to a set of steps that lead down to the prom, if you walk down there and along the prom there is a nice cocktail bar above the dive centre, further on is a good fish resturant that is also very good for lunch, also if you so wish there are two very good resturants in the main village, if you ask your hotel to ring them they will pick you up and drop you off, as for trips out its Madeira Happy Tours everytime, they will for an extra charge pick you up and drop you off at your hotel, dont know how many trips you wish to do but the west tour is a must, if i can help with any other questions just contact me via Tripadvisor massages.

Reply to: Solo traveler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Canico
Recent Conversations