We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices

warwickshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
28 reviews
prices

Hi All

We are travelling to Madeira in 2 weeks time and are staying all inclusive but we do like to still go out for the odd meal and drinks could anyone give me an idea of the prices for food drink transport etc so I can work out how much spending money to take.

Thanks all

34 replies to this topic
21. Re: prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2018, 10:19

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
128 reviews
22. Re: prices

I don't believe that it was suggested that ' a reference to a Jewish Cemetary in Madeira who was not a suitable topic for inclusion' on this Forum. I believe that Roseandvine was merely pointing out that the subject of the Couvert charge, which is raised fairly often was not on the list of Frequently Asked Questions, and other subjects such as the Jewish Cemetary question, which are asked much less often, were.

I do not believe that Anti-Semitism was intended or implied.

That was how I read the post.

23. Re: prices

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 August 2017, 18:35

24. Re: prices

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
101 reviews
25. Re: prices

I completely agree with Calderglen's comments in post 19.

Thank you Flowercity for saying you'll include couvert charge in FAQ's, I think it will be very useful for new visitors to Madeira. I didn't take roseandvine's comments in post 14 to suggest though that any other topic should be removed.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
11,223 posts
85 reviews
26. Re: prices

queen-mary, I perhaps used the wrong expresion but I did not agree that it was necessary to suggest the Cemetery post was not useful, there was no need for the comparison.

I am trying to just isolate the couple of posts which include the cover charges without posting the whole thread which essentially is about general prices.

New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
984 posts
17 reviews
27. Re: prices

Like some others above, in 10 years of going to Madeira we have never encountered food being plonked on the table unasked for but later charged for. In all cases I can remember, we have either been asked if we would like bread, etc, or a cover charge is actually mentioned on the menu. I'm sure the practice Phil mentions does happen but certainly not to the extent suggested.

28. Re: prices

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
118 reviews
29. Re: prices

Can not say this ever happened to me in Maderia, Italy yes but Maderia no, but am i the only one thinking that if it does are you really going to allow an extra 2,50 Euros on your bill ruin your night out?

30. Re: prices

Reply to: prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Canico
Recent Conversations