We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices

warwickshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
28 reviews
prices

Hi All

We are travelling to Madeira in 2 weeks time and are staying all inclusive but we do like to still go out for the odd meal and drinks could anyone give me an idea of the prices for food drink transport etc so I can work out how much spending money to take.

Thanks all

34 replies to this topic
1. Re: prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2018, 10:19
Edited: 21 April 2018, 10:19

2. Re: prices

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
11,220 posts
85 reviews
3. Re: prices

As Phil says, flip over to the Madeira Islands forum for lots of trip reports and other info relating to cost of food and drink. There are not lots of restaurants in Caniço. and it is quite hilly up to the main town. Taxis - you will need to agree a price before you get in, to go into the City. There is a bus stop near the Hotel and reception should have a rimetable.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: prices

Thanks for your help

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
118 reviews
5. Re: prices

if you could post where in Canico you are staying i might be able to help with this question.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
118 reviews
6. Re: prices

Just seen an old post of yours so know where you are staying, the hotel does a free bus to Funchal but if going for the evening you will need a taxi back 20 Euros or the bus 2.20 Euros, there is a bus stop outside your hotel. if you wish to eat in Canico De Baixo just leave the hotel via the back gate, turn left and follow the prom, you will find a nice cocktail bar above the dive center if you go a bit further you will find a nice resturant for lunch, if you turn right out of the gate and again follow the prom you will come to a large set of steps, go up them turn left and there is a small selection of places to eat one of which being Habbeas Coppus, which in this posters opinion does the best steak on a stone on the whole island. If you would like to eat in Canico village the resturants will pick you up and take you back to the hotel , if you like meat give Central a try, the hotel will ring the resturants and arrange this for you, my wife and i always go S/C and have a budget of 100 Euros a day for everything and we always have euros left over .Hope some of this has helped you, if you have any other questions please feel free to ask me.

New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
984 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: prices

Agree with alchermist. We also budget 100€ per day to cover everything (buses, taxis, wine, food, trips, etc) but we normally stay B&B rather than S/C. However, we also take a little more in € in case of emergency.

8. Re: prices

Funchal, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
75 reviews
9. Re: prices

Should anyone should think the bread put 'surreptitiously' on the dining table mentioned in post 7 is some sort of underhand trick, please be aware that this is not the case. It is the custom in Portugal and - quoting page 130 of the Lonely Planet Pocket Lisbon - 'Couvert, the bread, olives and other goodies automatically brought to the table as appetisers, costs. You pay for what you eat, but it is fine to send it away if you don't want it.' It's just an example of the cultural differences between Portuguese people and other nationalities, Personally I like the idea of nibbling on something while I look at the menu, and am happy to pay for it.

10. Re: prices

Reply to: prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Canico
Recent Conversations