We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

We have booked an appartment through the above website &

dealt with a Peter Knoll, obviously the same scam. I started to

have doubts about the whole thing when i started to ask questions re the adress of the property & received no reply.

Needless to say i now know the whole thing is a scam & am feeling rather stupid. We paid by credit card so are hopeful we

will get our money back. I shall be contacting Trading Standards & will do everything i can to get this person caught!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
1. Re: Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

Good luck hazel.Do please keep us informed and especially if the credit card company refunds you.Both the current running threads about Sunny Holidays and www.puertopollensa4all.com and www.santaponsa4all.com are disturbing and both OPs deserve credit for alerting prospective customers even though they personally had been scammed.

I have read through both the websites and it is easy to see how unsuspecting first time visitors to Majorca can be taken in.Whilst the layout is rudimentary and there are spelling errors the prose is designed to offer reassurance and attract families. It creates the impression that Sunny Holidays is a budget operation but with a wide choice of desirable,some extremely desirable,properties at competitive prices.

So now we know that the property details have been lifted from Owners Direct website.

To the more experienced visitor to Puerto Pollensa there are 2 features that would make one smell a rat.Firstly the rental prices quoted are very low and well below those of other advertisers of similar properties in the same locality.Secondly vacancies for most of those properties for end June-early September just would not exist.The nicest places are mostly snapped up by Easter for peak season hires.Not as blatant is the very high discount offered for payment in full when booking.

I can't offer any safeguards or solutions.Annabelle has tried to weed him on here or reply to her e-mail so the deafening silence spoke volumes about Peter Knoll.By contrast when the weight of complaints on TripAdvisor got too much for Villa Parade and OLA Holidays at least they responded on Majorca Forum.So their visibility was an indication that at least they were a kosher business that intended to stay in business.

I cannot speak for Santa Ponsa as I hardly know it.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,973 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

WS says "So now we know that the property details have been lifted from Owners Direct website." I wonder if it would do any good for all the people who have been conned to alert Owners Direct? Its Just a thought, maybe a big company like that may have a bit more pull.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
3. Re: Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

That's a good idea TORII especially if they are joined by the genuine advertisers on Owners Direct whose properties have been fraudulently transposed on to Sunny Holidays websites.There surely has been a breach of internet copyright by Peter Knoll?

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,973 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

It is a breach of internet copyright and in fact as far as the owners of the villas/apartments are concerened he is comiting a fraud.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
12,125 posts
54 reviews
5. Re: Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

Just here providing extra information about this despicable scam - have a look at this long trail of postings from another forum on exactly the same topic -

…puertopollensa.com/travel-companies/5805-wa…

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
6. Re: Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

Wow!.Thanks KWUK.That is not a website I use so it escaped me.Just shows how these villains will carry on picking up victims for as long as they are permitted to trade.As I said before though, first timers to Puerto Pollensa just aren't aware how expensive rental properties are especially those on or behind Pine Walk.Therefore the scam prices really are too good to be true.

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
881 posts
7. Re: Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

Bump

just to keep this thread current

Soller, Spain
Level Contributor
881 posts
8. Re: Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

Bump

santa ponsa
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

DONT BOOK!!!!!!

Arrived in santa ponsa on monday 12th july and left stranded no car at the airport ' NO ONE EVER HEARD OF Nova car rentals ' not even other car hire firms and took a taxi to apartment ' non existant!! Children devestated and had to book another here and so lost a fortune!!!!! Will post a larger explanation on return to UK. No one over here wants to know either so PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE CROOKS!! pETER KNOLL ' WHAT A B....

AGAIN ' DONT BOOK HONESTLY THESE ARE THE BIGGEST OF CROOKS!!!

Sue from Newcastle

santa ponsa
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Beware Puertopollensa4all.com

Please keep me informed as i will too be contacting all relevant authoritiesSue ' newcastle

Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations