We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
48 reviews
Advice please

We are a couple in our 40,s looking to go to santa ponsa September 2019, like a bit of nightlife, bars, restaurants, entertainment nice beach, not too far away from everything

Been looking at Globales Verdemar & Holiday Park Apartments

Any advice on which is the best & location or any other hotel or advice

Thank you 😊

17 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
11. Re: Advice please

Hmm, that’s quite a hard one! I love SP and stay several times a year while I’ve only ever visited PN in the daytime. I do think PN is more of a ‘holiday resort’ though, while there is actually a big residential population in SP. People live in SP all year round, but you won’t see them out and about much in the bars and restaurants when the tourist season is over. PN I think is more manufactured (for want of a better word) and I think is much more geared to holidaymakers.

I suppose it depends what you’re looking for. I would choose SP but then I’m biased. Another thing to consider too is that the tourist season might last a little longer in PN so the bars etc may be busier there.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
48 reviews
12. Re: Advice please

We have booked Globales Verdemar, Santa Ponsa

Thanks for all your advice 😊

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
13. Re: Advice please

Fab - I’m so pleased you plumped for SP. I did think PN might win it!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
14. Re: Advice please

Also, for transfers to and from the airport look at getting the A11 bus. It costs €7 per person each way and stops literally right at the front door of the Verdemar. No booking in advance and you just pay the driver. The journey takes about 45 minutes from airport to Verdemar. There are 12 buses a day in each direction at the time of year you will be visiting so hopefully one should suit. Even when there’s a bit of a wait, we pop into the little bar opposite the bus stop (Oasis) and have a beer while we watch for the bus arriving.

www.tib.org.a11 for timetables,

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
48 reviews
15. Re: Advice please

Thats great thanks 👍

We probably go to PN for the day

Edited: 15 October 2018, 08:24
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
16. Re: Advice please

Great idea and you will know then whether it suits you for a future visit!

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
48 reviews
17. Re: Advice please

Yep, thats the plan 👍

Reply to: Advice please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations