We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Work on the Paseo.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,085 posts
134 reviews
Work on the Paseo.

Who in there right mind would decide to remove a nice ornate permanent balustrade wall from the edge of the paseo and replace it with Stainless Steel railings? Yes, Benalmadena councillors in their wisdom have decided its the way to go. Work underway currently in front of the Riviera. From BilBil to the marina is the first phase. Waste of money to my mind.

29 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Work on the Paseo.

I agree 🙄 don’t suppose you have any photos?

I quite like the balustrades it kinda matches the ‘Moroccan’ influence around the area (bil bil castle) and some of the other accommodations (Sahara sunset)

North West England...
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Work on the Paseo.

That does sound like a madness !

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Work on the Paseo.

It will really spoil the feel of the paseo!! , and its not been that long since they re painted it that dull sand colour, what a waste of money!! x

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,085 posts
134 reviews
4. Re: Work on the Paseo.

@1 Its my in laws that are there currently. They dont do "gadgets" so no pics until they get home lol.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Work on the Paseo.

Hi, we returned home from the Riviera hotel a couple of weeks ago and had heard rumours regarding the replacement to IRON RAILINGS!!! It’s absolutely absurd!!! I have seen pics on other forums of the wall being demolished and was told it was to ‘’stop the street sellers laying out their goods”... leaving more room to walk.... this just BEGGARS BELIEF!!!!

So part of the beautiful paseo destroyed forever....🙈😢

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Work on the Paseo.

Disappointed to hear this, I can't see how this could possibly better the look of the front . I feel the refurbishments of hotels has been fantastic for the area and now this ? It would be better if some money was spent cleaning some of the pavements and replacing smashed or broken parts of it. Am I right on saying that there was talk of extending the Paseo from Bil Bil going towards Sunset Beach ?

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Work on the Paseo.

Horrible railings to stop the street sellers ??? agree with you Jilly that's a load of rubbish!! money is needed elsewhere on clean up and repairs as mentioned in post 6..The balustrade makes the paseo what it is, so sad they have done this !! x

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Work on the Paseo.

Yes Rose....it’s absolutely despicable.... especially as it there was NOTHING wrong with the beautiful balustrade... so to replace with UGLY RAILINGS.... it will permanently spoil the paseo for ever in my opinion and certainly spoil MY view for future return trips!!! Very sad!!!!

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
1,232 reviews
9. Re: Work on the Paseo.

it is quite often you wonder at the mentality of the local council

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
234 reviews
10. Re: Work on the Paseo.

AndaluciaNo1, the pavements are being cleaned up, many painted and some areas are looking much better now.

Reply to: Work on the Paseo.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena
Recent Conversations