We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pittsburgh Brewery Weekend

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
130 posts
196 reviews
Pittsburgh Brewery Weekend

My husband and I just got back from a beer filled weekend in Pittsburgh. We arrived Friday afternoon and checked into the Indigo Hotel in East Liberties. The hotel room was large, clean, big bathroom, and a comfortable bed. Started with dinner at Muddy Waters Oyster Bar ( short walk from hotel/enjoyed the food). On Friday night we hit...

East End Brewery

Couch Brewery

Hitchhiker Brewery

Grist Brewery

We enjoyed the atmosphere at all of them. Some of the beret was to our liking others not. Still a lot of fun.

Day 2

Started out with lunch at The Fire Side Public House. The food was good and they had a nice beer menu. We then stared exploring breweries...

Hofbrau House

Church Brew Works

Eleventh hour

Cinderlands (food very good here)

Roundabout

Again, another great day of exploring new neighborhoods and good breweries. We hit a lot but will need to come back to see the rest!

Sunday Departure day

Breakfast at the Ace Hotel. Recommended by our waitress from Muddy Waters. Trendy hotel with a nice breakfast/service great.

Till the next time Pittsburgh🍺

3 replies to this topic
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,423 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Pittsburgh Brewery Weekend

Thanks for the report. The craft brewing scene in Pittsburgh has grown a lot in the six years we have lived here.

Interested to hear how you selected which breweries you visited because you missed some cool places that were very close to others you did hit. For example, Dancing Gnome is nearby Hitchhiker in Sharpsburg and is well known for its hazy NE IPAs. Grist House is a favorite of ours and just around the corner is Strange Roots, known for farmhouse ales with lots of interesting fermentations. And Roundabout is less than half a mile from Hop Farm, another fave. Of course, that's a lot of drinking....

Your city has an awesome beer scene as well.

PS- Northern Liberties (plural) in Philly. In Pittsburgh East Liberty (singular) LOL

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Pittsburgh Brewery Weekend

There is also Aurochs in Emsworth - haven't been there but I drive past it every day to and from work.

aurochsbrewing.com/

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
130 posts
196 reviews
3. Re: Pittsburgh Brewery Weekend

It was pretty random how we decided which breweries to visit. We went to Dancing Gnome only to find it it was closing for a private party... so we then headed to Hitchhiker since it was in the area.

Roundabout was our last spot of the day... We simply couldn’t do one more! Both my husband and I prefer Porters and Stouts.

The Philly brewing scene is alive and well. It’s always fun to see what is happening in other areas. Thinking Richmond VA is next on my brewery exploring list.

Reply to: Pittsburgh Brewery Weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pittsburgh