We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the View Point Inn Restaurant closed?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
41 reviews
47 helpful votes
Is the View Point Inn Restaurant closed?
Save

I was considering this restaurant for dinner one night on our trip to the Columbia Gorge. I thought my daughter would enjoy seeing where the Twilight prom scene was filmed. The website is still up, but the number is disconnected when I try it. Is this place now closed?

3 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
164 reviews
106 helpful votes
1. Re: Is the View Point Inn Restaurant closed?
Save

The last I saw/heard (about 2 months ago) the Inn is going to be reconstructed after a major fire in 2011... yes, it is closed currently, but *may* reopen in 2014.

Read here: http://portlandtribune.com/go/42-news/126748-construction-begins-at-view-point-inn

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
41 reviews
47 helpful votes
2. Re: Is the View Point Inn Restaurant closed?
Save

Thanks msubulldog. I assumed that was the case, but wanted to confirm.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
21 posts
3. Re: Is the View Point Inn Restaurant closed?
Save

When I first saw your post I thought Taylor's View Point. And then you said you wanted to go with your daughter and I thought: Whaaat?

Reply to: Is the View Point Inn Restaurant closed?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Corbett
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.