We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotel Sheraton or Holiday Inn Express Brook Park?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
267 posts
57 reviews
Airport Hotel Sheraton or Holiday Inn Express Brook Park?

Hello all. I hate not being in control, which means I hate relying on hotel shuttles or cabs to get me to the airport on time for an early morning flight. We fly out of CLE at 6 am. We'll stay near the airport the night before. Sheraton Airport has a 24 hour shuttle. Holiday Inn Express Brook Park's shuttle doesn't start until 5AM, so they promised to call a cab for me. So Sheraton seems like the obvious choice, except I have points I can use at Holiday Inn. Any thoughts? How much closer is the Sheraton? Is the taxi drop off convenient to JetBlue?

Thanks for your help.

Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
611 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Airport Hotel Sheraton or Holiday Inn Express Brook Park?

The Sheraton is located on the airport property, and as you noted, has free 24/7 shuttle service to/from the terminal's Ground Transportation Center. You technically should not walk to/from the hotel, but it is possible if you follow signs for the Orange Lot and then cross the parking lots and go around front to the main lobby. The hotel will be to the left of the Orange Lot. I have no experience with the HIE, but it is not too far from the airport and traffic should not be too bad at that hour. Will you have to pay for the taxi or will the hotel pay?One minor advantage is that taxis can drop you off right in front of jetBlue's ticket counter (door #4 on departures), while there is a little bit of a walk (5 min. or so) from the shuttles to departures.

ohio
Level Contributor
162 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Airport Hotel Sheraton or Holiday Inn Express Brook Park?

Even though you have points for a holiday Inn I would skip it and use them another time. The Sheraton is located on the airport grounds. They have a 24 hour shuttle, and a kiosk to check your flight and I believe you can even get your boarding pass right there. I'm sure a cab would be reliable to get you there on time from the Holiday Inn but why risk it. Don't get stressed out so stay at the Sheraton.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
267 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Airport Hotel Sheraton or Holiday Inn Express Brook Park?

Thanks for these two replies. The hotel will pay for the cab from HIE. I'm leaning toward the Sheraton--the closer taxi drop off doesn't seem to be a big deal. Instead I worry about the taxi actually being reliable, or the front desk remembering to call before I go down to the lobby. The fact that I could walk from Sheraton to the terminal in case of an unreliable shuttle reduces my anxiety.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 14:48
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
267 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Airport Hotel Sheraton or Holiday Inn Express Brook Park?

Actually, I gave you the wrong hotel information. I have a reservation at the Four Points by Sheraton Cleveland Airport. Not the Sheraton Airport hotel.

Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
611 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Airport Hotel Sheraton or Holiday Inn Express Brook Park?

The Four Points is actually further away than the HIE. Anyway to change to the Sheraton Airport? Do you use Uber or Lyft? Those might be alternates to a tax.? The Four Points is also across the street from a Rapid (train) station. TheRed Line would take you directly to the airport terminal for $2.50.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
267 posts
57 reviews
6. Re: Airport Hotel Sheraton or Holiday Inn Express Brook Park?

Pjsparma the Sheraton Airport is expensive, which I how I realized that it's not where I was staying! I never intended to stay there, I was confusing the hotel names. And yes I could call an uber. Four Points has 24 hour shuttle.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland, Put in Bay
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Airport Hotel Sheraton or Holiday Inn Express Brook Park?

They're all really not that far from the airport so don't base it on distance. But I would def. stay at the Four Points before the Brook Park hotel, just for neighborhood reasons alone. Plus the 24 hour shuttle is peace of mind you really need. Use the points another time.

8. Re: Airport Hotel Sheraton or Holiday Inn Express Brook Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2018, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Cleveland