We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shampoo and cond.?

southgate, michigan
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
shampoo and cond.?

I am going to the GBP and I am wondering if they provide any shampoo, conditioner, etc., in the rooms. I don't want to have to deal with that whole 3 oz. thing at the airport. Usually I keep that stuff in my checked baggage, but I just discovered that Spirit charges for checked bags. It's not a lot, but if I can avoid checking a bag that would be cool.

Another totally unrelated question that I have is this- I just read on another posting that the 24 hr. snack bar serves drinks as well, are they of the alcoholic variety?

Thanks!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: shampoo and cond.?

What section are you in? We had a Club Golden room in the Coba section and one of the "perks" was a nice basket of bath products (replaced daily as needed) which did have shampoo and conditioner.

southgate, michigan
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: shampoo and cond.?

I booked standard at Tulum through travelocity.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: shampoo and cond.?

I'm not sure about Tulum for shampoo and conditioner but I think all of the resorts have shampoo and conditioner supplied every day.

By the way, I'm sure you're going to LOVE the Bahia Principe. It's a huge fabulous resort. I should have booked there again myself - at least I'd know that I would be going to a great resort (instead of sitting here sweating reading the horrible reviews for the Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda where I booked this time).

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: shampoo and cond.?

Bring conditioner! They have a conditioning shampoo (at least in the premier room they did) which was fine, but with the ocean & chlorine you are going to need the extra conditioner.

I know the whole Spirit thing is a pain. Just make sure to pre-pay for you luggage in advance and it will cost you 1/2. If for some reason the system won't take your credit card (which happens to alot of people) call Spirit to try and do it - and then tell them at check in at Detroit that you tried doing it in advance. I think it is somewhat convenient that the system never works properly.

The drinks are free flowing of all varieties at the snack bar. Cerveza at 7 am when the kiddies had me up to walk the beach came in handy sometimes.

This is absoultely an awesome resort - enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
5. Re: shampoo and cond.?

They do supply shampoo and conditioner. if you need more just flag down a maid or call the front desk.

I hope this helps.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
50 reviews
6. Re: shampoo and cond.?

If you're at all girly, the combo shampoo/conditioner won't be enough for you. It's pretty harsh in the standard roooms, I'm sure the stuff in the Coba Gold & Premier is better. When I'm down there, with the wind/chlorine/salt water, and the non-softened water in the shower, I use my normal weekly extreme conditioning treatment every day!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
7. Re: shampoo and cond.?

After a few frozen margaritas I did not think you cared so much Sandy, lol

I crack myself up!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
50 reviews
8. Re: shampoo and cond.?

Well, you're right....that's during the day, at the beach. But I do have to be able to get a comb thru it when I go get cleaned up for dinner.... So I can have a few more margaritas!

Guys don't care, my hubby uses the shampoo/conditioner the hotel provides...

9. Re: shampoo and cond.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 23:20