We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Cove/Reptiles

Auckland, NZ
Level Contributor
20 posts
16 reviews
23 helpful votes
Paradise Cove/Reptiles

Hi we are looking at booking 5 nights in July (hopefully it won't be too windy at that time of the year)

Paradise Cove looks amazing but I have a bit of a reptile phobia and am worried that the outdoor bathrooms will allow 'visitors' to wander in, eek!

Did anyone experience this?

Thanks in advance

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
111 reviews
81 helpful votes
1. Re: Paradise Cove/Reptiles

Anywhere in Fiji will experience visits from Common House Gecko's.

You either love them, hate them, or ignore them.

Some find them rather cute.

They are totally harmless, but do chirp/bark to vocalise.

The good side of thme though is less bugs/mosquitos as they eat them :)

Tea Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
40 reviews
87 helpful votes
2. Re: Paradise Cove/Reptiles

Had an experience at Treasure Island years ago when a Japanese tourist told me he was checking out early because his room had "baby crocs" climbing up the walls. When I explained they were geckos which were harmless and very useful he decided to stay.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
35 reviews
46 helpful votes
3. Re: Paradise Cove/Reptiles

Hi, just returned from Fiji on Friday after 17 days including 9 days at Paradise Cove. Cockroaches and spiders freak me out , the geckos are fine and visited the balcony in the evenings. Only saw 1 cockroach in the bathroom during our stay. There is a shower curtain between the shower and entrance to the bathroom which helped. Also the house maid will give u bug spray if you need it. Dont worry you'll be fine. By the way, the scenery was beautiful.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
73 reviews
33 helpful votes
4. Re: Paradise Cove/Reptiles

There may be the odd gecko, I think I saw one only when we were there - but they are very small and will run away from you (frustrating when you are trying to take photographs!) And as others have said, they are useful in keeping down the insect population. Not that there are too many insects around either, and the resort does spray around the gardens to stop insects gathering/breeding.

Reply to: Paradise Cove/Reptiles
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Naukacuvu Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.