We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

working in Bronx, staying in Yonkers - transportation?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
8 helpful votes
working in Bronx, staying in Yonkers - transportation?

I'm flying in/out of La Guardia and staying at Hampton Inn Yonkers and need to get to Pelham Pkwy, Bronx for work for a couple of days. I've heard it's very difficult to get a taxi late in the day where I'll be working. I don't need to get to work until 09:30. Should I just rent a car and deal with the commute? There seem to be a lot of alternatives (private drivers, Uber, limo service) but I don't have much info on reliability of those services. Your advice is appreciated, thank you!

1. Re: working in Bronx, staying in Yonkers - transportation?

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
16,268 posts
33 reviews
40 helpful votes
2. Re: working in Bronx, staying in Yonkers - transportation?

I think it would be quite tough to get to Pelham Parkway by public transportation from the Yonkers Hampton Inn. You could do it, but I think it would be slow. Your hotel will shuttle you over to Metro North (Greystone station) where you could get a commuter train to University Heights. Not a lot of trains will stop at Univ. Heights, however. From there you'd take a local Bx-12 bus, which will run pretty much the entire length of Pelham Parkway

None of the Bee Line buses in Westchester will go to any place where you could do a single transfer to a bus to Pelham Parkway.

This will be a very simple commute if you decide to rent a car.

Edited: 10 years ago
County Clare...
1 post
3. Re: working in Bronx, staying in Yonkers - transportation?

staying in the Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Tuckahoe Road, Yonkers Westchester how would you get to Yonkers/Woodlawn by public transportation

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
27,650 posts
4. Re: working in Bronx, staying in Yonkers - transportation?

Where exactly in Yonkers/Woodlawn?

5. Re: working in Bronx, staying in Yonkers - transportation?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Yonkers
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.