We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enterprise Rent a Car

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
27,271 posts
125 reviews
57 helpful votes
Enterprise Rent a Car

Just wanted to share a problem I am having with the Yonkers branch of Enterprise rent a car.

I rented a car from them in July for 2 days - the price was good, the car was great, service at the branch fine - no problems, or so I thought.

When my credit card charges showed up they were severely inflated. I called the branch and was told that I was charged for SIX days - when I told him that the car was indeed left at their drop location after two days and that I called to notify them, as requested, he double checked, said the records backed me up and a correction would be filed.

I have since had to dispute the charge with my credit card and my dispute was just denied since Enterprise is still claiming I had the car for 6 days - considering that I left the US before those 6 days were over, their claim is patently false, but the headache and the run around are just not worth it - next time I'll pay more and hopefully not have to go through this mess.

A word to the wise.

8 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
27,650 posts
1. Re: Enterprise Rent a Car

I would keep fighting it.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
27,271 posts
125 reviews
57 helpful votes
2. Re: Enterprise Rent a Car

I fully intend to - there is no way I am letting them have over $200 just because they feel like it.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
9,137 posts
370 reviews
269 helpful votes
3. Re: Enterprise Rent a Car

Call Enterprise central office. They usually are a good company. Wonder what the problem is. Glad you are fighting it. Keep at it.

Thanks for the information. I usually use the one in White Plains with out problem.

3 posts
4. Re: Enterprise Rent a Car

Hey wassup I work for one of the enterprise branches in yonkers. Which branch did you rent from ?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
27,271 posts
125 reviews
57 helpful votes
5. Re: Enterprise Rent a Car

Hope you can help Alanzo - it was the branch on McClean - if you can help sort this out please send me a PM

3 posts
6. Re: Enterprise Rent a Car

You returned your car at the riverdale train station?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
27,271 posts
125 reviews
57 helpful votes
7. Re: Enterprise Rent a Car

Yes I did and I called the office in the morning to let them know that.

3 posts
8. Re: Enterprise Rent a Car

I don't handle the money part of the buisness. But I think they charge u for the day u droo the car off im nottoo sure

Reply to: Enterprise Rent a Car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yonkers
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.