We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from JFK to Yonkers

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
380 reviews
400 helpful votes
Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Greetings from across the pond!

I'm due to arrive at JFK on a Thursday evening at around 11pm. Not sure easiest way to get to Yonkers where I'll be staying. Tricky to find cab prices for the journey. Not completely against renting a car for a couple of days if prices OK. What say you?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
27,650 posts
1. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Where in tinker are you staying, and why Yonkers? Will you be visiting manhattan, or do you have other plans?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
380 reviews
400 helpful votes
2. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Thanks for super-speedy response!

Staying in Yonkers (off McLean) for the first two days of five day trip. Old friend demands we stay with him before last three days in Manhattan!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
16,268 posts
30 reviews
40 helpful votes
3. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Ask your friends how they travel to and from JFK. It's possible to do this with the AirTrain, subway, and then a local bus, but this will be a very LONG trip.

BTW - This may be relevant for you although it's rarely relevant for tourists. Metrocards, which we normally think of as only being valid on subways and city buses, are also valid on Bee Line buses to Westchester, where your friend lives.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
380 reviews
400 helpful votes
4. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Perhaps a cab or rental is the way to go and I know it's a simple whizz up the 87 if I recall. Thanks again.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
9,137 posts
370 reviews
269 helpful votes
5. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Either rent a car, take a taxi, or CT. Limousine. Or a per arranged car service.

Taxi may be 100.00

Many car services, just goggle them

Detroit, Michigan
1 post
6. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

About how much in a taxi verse rental

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24,842 posts
7. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

Probably not much different - I would expect about $100 including the bridge toll and the usual 20% tip - esp since you will be leaving the airport between midnight and 1 am. For fixed fare check out Dial 7 or Carmel (very large local car services) and look at their web sites for coupons. (NYC regular yellow cabs are not required to travel outside the city limits and most won't want to - and if they do they can charge whatever they want - not on the meter).

8. Re: Getting from JFK to Yonkers

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Yonkers
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.