We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber

Level Contributor
25 posts
Uber

Would Uber be the best form of transportation from Yonkers to Manhattan? Or do they get stuck in traffic a lot? Or should we take Metro North? Also what is the best form of transportation from Yonkers to Battery Park?

7 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24,842 posts
1. Re: Uber

Yes, Uber is likely to be stuck in traffic. Have you compared prices with MetroNorth? We can;t since we don;t know how many people you are - obviously for 3 people Uber cost is not so much more.

If you are planning a sightseeing trip of multiple days to NYC staying in Yonkers is NOT a great idea - since you need to get a hotel shuttle or taxi from our motel to the MetroNorth train station. Manhattan would be a much better choice - with direct access to the subway system that will reach all sights.

Edited: 6 years ago
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
16,268 posts
30 reviews
40 helpful votes
2. Re: Uber

Where in Yonkers are you planning to stay? What led you to choose this location?

Level Contributor
33 posts
32 reviews
20 helpful votes
3. Re: Uber

hi, we have the same problem as Colleen. Me and my family will be guests in our relatives house in Yonkers...

so i was looking for the best way of traveling between Yonkers and Manhattan and i found that we could take the metro north until Marble Hill and then the subway line red1. it is right?

we are two adult and two senior. the only thing that i can't calculate is the fare from yonkers to marble hill and with kind of tickets should take.

thanks

California
Level Contributor
75,886 posts
1,791 reviews
475 helpful votes
4. Re: Uber

I would ask my relative what they and their neighbors do

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
9,135 posts
370 reviews
269 helpful votes
5. Re: Uber

Train, everyone gets caught in traffic.😊

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
16,268 posts
30 reviews
40 helpful votes
6. Re: Uber

There are a number of different Metro North stations in Yonkers and two different Metro North lines. Only one line goes to Marble Hill. So the first question is how far do your relatives live from a Metro North station, and which one?

The 1 train in from Marble Hill is a long ride. Depending on where you're going in Manhattan you are likely to better off getting the train to Grand Central, or possibly 125th Street/Harlem. Both Metro North lines that serve Yonkers stop at both of these stations.

Tralee Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
28 helpful votes
7. Re: Uber

We stayed in Yonkers in 2017 for a wedding. We used an Airbnb for accommodation, brilliant. Travelled into Manhattan daily for sightseeing on metro north and Ubered to station oh 5 dollars max. Train was 30 mins to grand central. We socialized restaurants etc in McLean ave area at night, it was great, fab restaurants eg Rory Dolan’s, Heritage etc. relatively safe and I am ultra cautious. Some bars had local taxi cos outside bars and restaurants etc. lovely shopping all over of course but cross county shopping Centre brill for essentials. Would highly recommend this area to stay.

Reply to: Uber
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yonkers
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.