We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild Pantanal Expeditions

Washington
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Wild Pantanal Expeditions

My wife and I have been searching for a jaguar safari and like the itinerary of Wild Pantanal Expeditions, wild pantanal dot com. The operator's name is Ric. I was wondering if anyone can give me any information about this expedition company. Thanks for any help.

Mentioned in this post
15 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,177 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wild Pantanal Expeditions

Here are some reviews:

http://www.wildpantanal.com/testimonials.php

Washington
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wild Pantanal Expeditions

Thanks Monte, you've eased my mind.....and decision.

State of Sao Paulo
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wild Pantanal Expeditions

@fishman620 Did you end up using Wild Pantanal? Was was it like? I want to go next June and am looking at tour operators. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Washington
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wild Pantanal Expeditions

No we decided to go with Gaspare Tours for our upcoming September trip. Igor was great to correspond with and worked hard at customizing our trip.

State of Sao Paulo
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wild Pantanal Expeditions

We've decided to use WP. I'll report back afterwards.

Thanks!

Brevard, North...
Level Contributor
23 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wild Pantanal Expeditions

fishman620,

Did you go to the Pantanal? How was your trip?

Mentioned in this post
Washington
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wild Pantanal Expeditions

We won't go until September 2017.....will report back!

State of Sao Paulo
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wild Pantanal Expeditions

I went with WP in mid-June. Here's my review if anyone is interested:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g48817…

Washington
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wild Pantanal Expeditions

Thanks for the review traveller. It sounds like you did alot of hiking/walks. Sorry that you didn't see any jaguar though.

Ringwood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wild Pantanal Expeditions

We had heard about the great sightings of Jaguars in the Pantanal and our group of eight decided to book a trip there along with a visit to Iguacu Falls and also a few days in Rio. After doing some research we booked with Wild Brazil / Wild Pantanal wildlife tours.

After E mails with the owner Ric, he created a custom tour that would fit all our needs. We wanted every thing of course but with the Jaguar sighting being the thing most of us wanted to see.

Well we just returned from the 11 days in Brazil and we can say it was one of the best tours our group had ever been on. Ric and his team of guides, drivers and lodge hook ups went as smooth as possible with no complaints from any of us. We had 3 great Jaguar sightings, one for almost two hours while it slowly hunted down the river. We had 141 birds and all kinds of mammals along with reptiles. Our time in the Pantanal was Oct 30 to Nov 5. The weather was fine except one afternoon deluge which was cool to be in while out on the river!

We really cant say enough about our experience and how well things ran.

Ric also completely booked our Iguazu falls adventure as well as setting us up completely with Rio hotels and drivers as well as one of the best guides we have ever had.

We look forward to returning to the Pantanal again and will not think twice about using the services of Wild Brazil.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Reply to: Wild Pantanal Expeditions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted