We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schenectady old world restaurant

Poughkeepsie
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Schenectady old world restaurant

Many years ago my husband and I went to a restaurant in a residential neighborhood in Schenectady (I believe near Union College) for our anniversary. We stayed in what was then a Ramada Inn nearby. I believe it was Italian and I remember having carpetbagger steak (steak with a baked clam stuffing) They had a piano player and we had such a fun evening. As a surprise I would love to take him there but don't have name or know if even still open. Any ideas?

thank you

4 replies to this topic
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
38 reviews
51 helpful votes
1. Re: Schenectady old world restaurant

Could it be Cornell's?

They moved from Van Franken Ave to Jay St about a decade ago. (no piano player, though)

http://cornellsrestaurant.com/?page_id=26

Or Dolce Vita?

http://www.rldolcevita.com

Poughkeepsie
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Schenectady old world restaurant

I think you may be right. Is it still as good as I remember? Thank for your reply?

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
38 reviews
51 helpful votes
3. Re: Schenectady old world restaurant

Cornell's is excellent. I have never been to Dolce Vita. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Poughkeepsie
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Schenectady old world restaurant

Thank you

Reply to: Schenectady old world restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Schenectady
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.