We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area around Proctor's Theatre

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
26 reviews
17 helpful votes
Area around Proctor's Theatre

My daughters and I will be coming to see a show (staying overnight at Parker's Inn)end of next July, and, to be honest, after reading and researching, I'm a little concerned regarding safety. (I apologize in advance if I'm mistaken and have been misinformed).

I was wondering if anyone who is familiar with, specifically, the area around the theatre can give me some info as to what it's like and whether it is a safe area to be staying in. Also, whether there is a restaurant nearby where we could get some dinner before our show (carry-out is fine).

If anyone has been to Parker's Inn, is there indoor parking? And if not, is the parking lot far away or valet?

Hopefully someone is out there to answer this! Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
26 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Area around Proctor's Theatre

bump

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
10,220 posts
22 reviews
25 helpful votes
2. Re: Area around Proctor's Theatre

As you probably know, PArker Inn is directly adjacent o Proctor's and you can go between the two without going outside. Both are in downtown, which has been undergoing many renovations and tranformation in the last few years. The parking for Parker Inn is most likely in the lot direclty behind the hotel and Proctor's. There is a parking garage about a block away, accessed via a well-lit walkway behind Proctor's, The Parker Inn ,and some shops. It also runs adjacent to the building that houses the NYS Lottery, so you might be able to see a lottery drawing. The Parker Inn has a small restaurant but their offerings vary by what's going on at Proctor's. Usually they have some sort of pre-theatre meal. More restaurants are re-opening downtown, including some right near the theatre and also on Jay St., a pedestrian mall area. Some of those are only open in the evening when there is a performance at Proctor's. One nearby is Apertivo (http://www.aperitivobistro.com/), which is owned by a person who has a number of outstanding restuarnats in the area, including Glen Sanders, which is on the same street but about 1 mile away, across the river.

The downtown area is pretty safe as long as you stick to the main streets mentioned - State, Jay, parts of Broadway, which is where the parking garage is and also has an excellent bakery/cafe called Villa Italia. ). When there is aoemthing at Proctor's there is always a lot of people around so you should be fine. If you have other questoins, please feel free to send me a PM.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
26 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Area around Proctor's Theatre

Thanks Barb! I really appreciate the help!

4. Re: Area around Proctor's Theatre

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Schenectady
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.