We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to move in hargaysa.

Helsinki, Finland
1 post
Planning to move in hargaysa.

Hi, im living in europe and lately i've been thinking to move from here to hargaysa or burco. But i want to know how is life out there comparing to europe. Is life there expensive And is it possible to get job in there and live a balance life. And i know that there is not all thing what are in here so in there if i want to order something from online does can it be delivered there.

7 replies to this topic
1. Re: Planning to move in hargaysa.

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
306 posts
2. Re: Planning to move in hargaysa.

Somaliland diaspora who live in west have moved back half of year. They have a pension while worked in west.

Some have set up a business.

jobs not easy find, if have teaching skills maybe you find some job, pay is low.

I wish you all the best.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
306 posts
3. Re: Planning to move in hargaysa.

The Somaliland diaspora who live in the west have moved back for half of year winter months. They have a pension from west family members send them this money.

Some have set up a business.

jobs are not easy find, if a have teaching skills maybe you find some job, the pay is low.

75% unemployment rate. Somaliland region very poor. Locals are doing there best. Remits is 70% local economy, rest is exporting animals Gulf Arab State. USD king in Somaliland.

I wish you all the best.

Edited: 5 years ago
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: Planning to move in hargaysa.

I hope this is some sort of a joke.

People are running away from Hargeisa for work and YOU whilst living a comfortable and privileged life in the West wishes to run back to Hargeisa for work?

I am absolutely horrified and disgusted by even the thought of you going back to Hargeisa for work.All you would do is take a job from a local who needs it more than you, considering your able to attain employment in the West.

You are the reason the diaspora are despised back home.

Although I'd be tempted in working you in my farms in Sheikh; I much believe your future is brighter in the West - come back here only for 5 reasons holiday, family, religion, starting a business and retirement - you shouldn't come here for any other reasons

1 post
5. Re: Planning to move in hargaysa.

You not being helpful you soo rude and negative

Edited: 3 years ago
Mogadishu, Somalia
2 posts
1 review
6. Re: Planning to move in hargaysa.

It not easy to find a job in Hargeisa, the unemployement rate is so high, that is why many somali youth are trying a dangerous journeys to reach europe to get a better life.

Mogadishu, Somalia
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Planning to move in hargaysa.

Dear I just saw your question, if I may give my humble opinion relating your concern about getting job it may be quit defficult since unemployment rate is high here, but teaching section could be possible. Additionally our coast living mybe higher compared to some neighbouring countries. Also if you coming tourist purpose I am sure you will love the culture, food and historical places to visit. I hope hargeysa will be transform in terms of infrastructure and tourist place, beside that it's very secure city and people are open minded and welcoming people.

Reply to: Planning to move in hargaysa.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hargeysa
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.