We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harris hotel Seminyak or Ibis styles Petitenget Bali??

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
42 reviews
Harris hotel Seminyak or Ibis styles Petitenget Bali??

Hi guys

Have narrowed it down to two hotels in Seminyak in our budget range. Please can you give your opinion on either to help us choose?

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
australia
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
1. Re: Harris hotel Seminyak or Ibis styles Petitenget Bali??

Hi, I have not stayed at either property. The Ibis Style is not best located IMHO. I prefer the area around Jalan Kayu Aya (“eat street”). We stay

at Ananda Resort which is so central to everything. Hopefully a TA member can help with the Harris. Good luck.

Edited: 14 November 2018, 10:36
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
699 posts
617 reviews
2. Re: Harris hotel Seminyak or Ibis styles Petitenget Bali??

I stayed at Ibis Styles last year , it was fine for the price , the staff were excellent , they have a shuttle that does the Seminyak area or they have bikes to hire.

There is some excellent restaurants within walking distance or there is always plenty of Bluebird taxis cruising by.

Haven’t stayed at the Harris , it’s located a little out of the way on a back street , they push the fact they’re a family hotel too...it’s closer to the beach if that’s your thing but I had no problems with the Ibis Styles.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,772 posts
206 reviews
3. Re: Harris hotel Seminyak or Ibis styles Petitenget Bali??

Hi,

I have stayed at the Harris and visited the Ibis.

Personally I think the Harris is a better bet. Staff are great, very large breakfast buffet, free shuttle to the beach - although it’s only a 10 min walk. Some restaurants around and plenty of night life in Dyana Pura and eat street is 10 mins the other way. Just a better location imo.

Ibis has plenty of restaurants around but it’s further from the beach and Petitenget gets pretty jammed up with traffic, also quite a bit of building along Petitenget atm.

Cheers

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Harris hotel Seminyak or Ibis styles Petitenget Bali??

Thank you all so much. Think we are now swaying more towards the Harris hotel. We are not too fussed on the hotel as long as it is clean and safe, can you advise on this, as it is not too highly rated on here?? Thanks again!

Edited: 14 November 2018, 20:48
lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,772 posts
206 reviews
5. Re: Harris hotel Seminyak or Ibis styles Petitenget Bali??

Hi,

I took one of the superior rooms at the Harris and felt it was pretty clean. Safety wasn’t a concern either and I think both hotels are fine in this regard. Both have security. Jalan Drupadi is a bit quieter than Petitenget but I don’t feel unsafe there.

Cheers

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Harris hotel Seminyak or Ibis styles Petitenget Bali??

Brill. Thanks for your help that has made our decision easier!

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
113 posts
69 reviews
7. Re: Harris hotel Seminyak or Ibis styles Petitenget Bali??

I would go for Harris Hotel. It's closer to the beach (Both Seminyak beach and Petitenget beach which is right next to Seminyak beach).

Reply to: Harris hotel Seminyak or Ibis styles Petitenget Bali??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seminyak