We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day 2011

Spokane
Level Contributor
16 posts
Memorial Day 2011

Wife and I booked our stay flying in Sunday afternoon May 29th and leaving Thurs afternoon June 2. Its our annual trip and our first during a Memorial Day Weekend. We are in our 30's and love to party but don't really get into the craziness that is the clubs or pool parties that wll be there that weekend. That said...we are more open to clubs and most anything else. We drink...lol.

So who else is going this Memorial Day? Any others ideas for this crazy weekend?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,728 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las...
625 Reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
1. Re: Memorial Day 2011

You'll actually miss most of the craziness of the holiday weekend as that will be on the Friday and Saturday nights. Sunday will be way busier than in a regular week but most people will then be leaving town on Memorial Day itself. Vegas shouldn't be too hectic for the rest of your trip after that.

Spokane
Level Contributor
16 posts
2. Re: Memorial Day 2011

That was part of the whole plan...to get there for a few days of the weekend followed by a few days of relative quiet ( for Vegas).

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
3. Re: Memorial Day 2011

Im getting in same time, 8 of us for my youngest sons 21st. We are ther untill the following Monday. We should miss all those crazy lines at check in!

Ofallon
Level Contributor
47 posts
4. Re: Memorial Day 2011

We kind of planned it that way but the other way may25-31 so we already booked shows etc just because of the crowds

Spokane
Level Contributor
16 posts
5. Re: Memorial Day 2011

We aren't entirely sure what we want to do yet. They deal we got on airfare and hotel was too good to pass up. We are staying at the Flamingo, so we will most likely enjoy the beautiful pool area a bit as well as wander over to Ceaser's pool. Wife will probably spend some time at spa. We will most likely spend rest of the time gambling, taking in a show or too and of course massive, if not unhealthy amounts of alcohol. First stop...Fat Tuesdays and ABC store for libations.

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
124 posts
56 reviews
6. Re: Memorial Day 2011

We're going to be there from 29th May - 5th June. Last year we went to this on the Sunday that we arrived at Rain:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheLoveFestival

Great club, great crowd and great atmosphere :)

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Memorial Day 2011

Wow, we're going those same dates, staying at Harrah's. Can't wait to get to the pool and enjoy my cocktails!! We arrive pretty early, like 7:30 am, so we'll have to dump the luggage, then get breakfast.

Carnival Court outside of Harrah's is a pretty fun place to party. Enjoy!!! We'll see ya there (just kidding) :)

Spokane
Level Contributor
16 posts
8. Re: Memorial Day 2011

@CYarranton - Yeah I actually gave the Love Fest some thought. We will be getting in at 4pm and will have to catch something later that Sunday evening. Ghostbar maybe or Rain if we can get out there. A pool party on Monday (if any) may be in order.

@kathykTemperance - Yeah Harrah's is great and that's why we stay at Flamingo...just love being in the middle of it all. Carnival Court is cool. We are pretty low rollers so we like to get off strip and go to Gold Coast/Rio area and maybe even Palace Station one day. The rest of the time spent between PH/Miracle Mile all the way back towards Forum Shops and Mirage.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Memorial Day 2011

We just booked Vegas Saturday May 28th to Monday May 30. Wife and I do an overnight away from kids every 3-4 months. We'll be staying at Hooters (usually stay at Rio,but their prices that weekend are too high) and taking in the pool scene by day and dancing/clubs at night. We partied at Tryst our last Vegas outing.

From what I can tell, it should be pretty crowded, but we'll will be putting our names down on some of the guestlists for both nights. We are considering Rain, XS, Marquee, but we're open to any recommendations for /clubs. I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with those guys that get you on the VIP? I'm considering that due to the crowds.

Florence, Alabama
1 post
10. Re: Memorial Day 2011

Wow, we have the same dates. It will be mine and my wife's honeymoon. We are getting married on the 28th and flying out of Memphis at 9:00 Sunday morning. We are staying at the cosmopolitan and are about the same in not really digging the club scene. So, I am just trying to find some really cool stuff for us to do. I think we will hit up those discounted show ticket machines and then just see all the free attractions. Also, we have already booked to see Blue Man Group (we both have always wanted to see them) and thinking about Penn and Teller if we can find good prices. Ok, well I hope you guys have a great time and if you have any suggestions or tips please let me know!