We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

Northwest
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

We won't have a car and are staying at the Aladdin. I can't seem to find a definitive answer if these 2 stores carry the necessities like Vodka...or would it make sense to have the cab driver stop on the way from the airport...are there spots in between airport and Aladdin?

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,706 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,213 Reviews
from US$139.99*
US$224.90
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
927 Reviews
from US$598.99*
LA, CA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

If I recall correctly from my trip last New Years, the Walgreens next to MGM does not carry any alcohol, and neither does the CVS Drugstore which is across the Strip next to Monte Carlo. There is a liquor store a block or so North of the Walgreens (on the same side of the strip), however it only sold beer.

syracuse, ny
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

Go to anywho.com and get both phone numbers. Call them and ask. If not, ask them who does and then you'll know for sure.

syracuse, ny
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

BTW, MoreCowbell, I saw that SNL too. Not many have though. It was a riot.

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

cat: The stores you mentioned do not carry hard liquor..you would be better off to have the cab take you to a store off strip, or do what I do in Vegas...that is, take the shuttle from Barbary Coast (about 5 minutes) to Gold Coast...they have a good selection at inexpensive prices., the best that I have found in LV....The BC is not far from the Aladdin...shuttle runs about every 15 minutes...hope this helps...JJ

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
291 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

auntie---

i defintely think we should have the cab stop from the airport...we wouldn't want to waste anymore precious time!! or does anyone know if there is a liquor store IN the airport? it may be a long shot, the only liquor store i've seen in an airport is in jamaica and mexico...

only a couple weeks!

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

None of the Walgreen's in Las Vegas is licensed to sell alcohol. Either have your cab driver make a stop. Von's at maryland parkway and Trop is not too far off the route from the airport. Or you can try the gift shop in Aladdin. Never saw a hotel in Vegas that didn't sell liquor somewhere.

OCNY
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

You'll find booze and wine at a shop inside Aladdin. Might cost a few bucks more, but that's the convenience factor.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

why not just use the duty free at the airport? im buying two massive bottles of absynth in manchester so i can float around vegas in a green mist for the week.

Northwest
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

Thanks for all the help you guys! This is a great forum...

Vanessa, let's do Fremont Street at night - that sounds best!

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Liquor on strip... Walgreens next to MGM? or ABC store in...

LOL "green mist"

Schniky are you packing the sugar cubes or buying them in Vegas?