We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

#1 Tip for Vegas ???

Letterkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
#1 Tip for Vegas ???

You are only allowed to give a person one piece of advice for Vegas. What is it? A show you must see, a bar you must visit, a way to save money, something you must do etc.

If you were giving a Vegas virgin one tip for whilst in Vegas, What would it be.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,739 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las...
638 Reviews
from US$369.99*
US$399.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
140 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
30,533 posts
22 reviews
51. Re: #1 Tip for Vegas ???

Way to go sid 👍🏿

london
Level Contributor
905 posts
2 reviews
52. Re: #1 Tip for Vegas ???

:-) x

Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
53. Re: #1 Tip for Vegas ???

Take a picture of your room number as soon as you get there.

Have a daily allotment for betting and leave the rest of your money in the room safe

East Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
721 posts
3 reviews
54. Re: #1 Tip for Vegas ???

Don't bring brand new shoes, wear comfortable shoes, the walking is gonna be more than you think, the resorts are massive.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
69 posts
37 reviews
55. Re: #1 Tip for Vegas ???

Make a list of things you want to see, places you want to dine at, entertainment you want to attend. That way you don’t need an itinerary but you can refer to your list as you’d like or maybe not at all! I love doing Vegas in a go with the flow way but have some ideas to roll with!

East Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
721 posts
3 reviews
56. Re: #1 Tip for Vegas ???

Second tip, don't stay off the strip, it isn't worth it, time is more valuable than money.

3rd tip Mirage is not center strip, it is around Paris, yes technically the strip goes down much further but past encore is nothing.

4th tip-don't buy the Fremont street hype, your first trip should focus on the strip.

london
Level Contributor
905 posts
2 reviews
57. Re: #1 Tip for Vegas ???

Second tip ,centre strip is actually Bally's .

William d. knows this but cannot bring himself to type those words.

And please go and enjoy Fremont street.

East Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
721 posts
3 reviews
58. Re: #1 Tip for Vegas ???

Ballys is close to center, but don't expect much from Fremont if you must go, plan a couple hours and if you like it stay longer, but don't and I repeat don't make it the focus of your trip. It is not the vegas that most people think of and love. Very dated

Santa Claus, Indiana
Level Contributor
106 posts
17 reviews
59. Re: #1 Tip for Vegas ???

The proper footwear is no joke. Just got back from a trip- we've been many times before and I thought I had this footwear thing down. After walking 10 miles on the strip my second day there, I hobbled around for the rest of the trip with blisters all over the bottom of my feet. I thought I chose well. They were flip flops, several months old, with a thicker than average sole and extremely comfortable. They were made out of yoga mats for goodness sakes. But still my feet were torn up. Fortunately my husband was a combat medic and had experience treating blisters feet and he was able to tape them up and they healed after a couple of days.

So even if you think you are making a good choice, unless you actually have walked 10 miles a day on city sidewalks in 100 heat in them you really don't know.

East Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
721 posts
3 reviews
60. Re: #1 Tip for Vegas ???

I would suggest maybe some extra padding in the shoes, it sucks getting a blister and dealing with that the rest of the trip.

Reply to: #1 Tip for Vegas ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted