We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chico Hot Springs: Fave room or type of accomodation?

California
Level Contributor
185 posts
Chico Hot Springs: Fave room or type of accomodation?

Just landed a room, albeit a teeny one at Chico Hot Springs. (is a Saturday & they've been sold out)

This is for late February.

I'm going to keep trying in case others open up, however. The one we currently have is in the Main Historic Lodge. (in the "L" Cove

2nd floor) Was wondering if others here have stayed, and if you'd say the shared bathroom rooms are to be avoided, at all costs?

Or, are they okay?

Right now, that's all we got.

However, originally I was debating between a reg. room (with bath) in the Main Lodge vs. one of their special cabins, called the North 40 cabins.

Or, something like their Honeymoon cabin. (to splurge) This is the first night of our one week trip to the Yellowstone area. Keep in mind...it might be cold! ;-)

So, is staying in the main lodge far preferable this time of year, or...?

How is the walk from the cabins, including the ones up on the hill? Any feedback most appreciated! Just hope to have a comfy, fun trip, and a lot of mornings we have to be up before dawn, so thought this first night, could be a little more relaxed.

(hence, my questions!) Heard some of the cabins are really nice w/fireplaces, etc.

Thanks so much! :-)

Ps. Also considering sled-dogging here...if you've tried it, please share! :-)

MT
Level Contributor
271 posts
2 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Chico Hot Springs: Fave room or type of accomodation?

Never stayed in the North 40 cabins, but they look super nice and they would be a short easy walk to the main lodge (like a minute or two)

I've had a room with just a sink before and that has been fine. The bathrooms are always very nice and clean, I think it should be fine. The rooms in the main lodge are smaller and can be a bit noiser at times, but you don't have to walk outside to get to the pool. Make sure to make a reservation ahead of time for dinner if you want to eat in the main dining room (as opposed to in the bar) It's a little pricey but very nice and great food.

California
Level Contributor
185 posts
2. Re: Chico Hot Springs: Fave room or type of accomodation?

Thanks so much, Beartooth!

Will do. Will keep eye out for

a quieter room, maybe, but I also value

charm/quaintness. Sounds like the main hotel

has that, at least? And convenience to the pool,

as you mentioned, and probably the restaurant, too?

Anyway, appreciate the feedback & is comforting to know that if nothing else opens up, the shared bath rooms are okay, too. (good enough) ;-)

Thanks! :-)

MT
Level Contributor
271 posts
2 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Chico Hot Springs: Fave room or type of accomodation?

Your welcome. I agree -- keep the value and save your money on the room and use it for a bottle of wine for dinner instead :) And yes, the restaurant is right downstairs, just off the lobby area. Have fun, Chico is a great place.

California
Level Contributor
185 posts
4. Re: Chico Hot Springs: Fave room or type of accomodation?

Thanks again! :-)

Btw, have you ever tried the dogsledding offered

from there? (they meet there?)

If so, would appreciate feedback!

Trying to decide whether to do a half day outing

or full day one. Also, hoping they treat their pups okay. Thanks!

5. Re: Chico Hot Springs: Fave room or type of accomodation?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Pray
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.