We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Mill Creek - Public Access

J D
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Fishing Mill Creek - Public Access

We will be staying in Pray this summer and my husband is looking for some fishing locations that offer public access. We were looking on google earth and Mill Creek appears to be close to where we are staying and wondered if there are public access points?

3 replies to this topic
Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
20,394 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Fishing Mill Creek - Public Access

There would be public access at the Snowbank Forest Service Campground, which Mill Creek runs through.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233930

My family stayed at the Mill Creek Forest Service Cabin November 1-2, 2018. The cabin is about a quarter of a mile from the campground. Mill Creek ran behind the cabin's backdoor and through the campground. Beautiful drive and beautiful area!

Deb

Edited: 4 years ago
Montana
Level Contributor
622 posts
362 reviews
113 helpful votes
2. Re: Fishing Mill Creek - Public Access

Between the Snowbank campground and the Yellowstone River there is no public access. It is all private land. You can fish a little bit at the campground but it is heavily treed, fast, rocky and tough even with a spinning rod. Above the cabin it is mostly a steep ditch next to the road. Any bottom lands are privately owned. I’ve spent a lot of nights at that cabin and fished maybe an hour total. Unsuccessfully.

The Yellowstone River has a lot of public access points.

J D
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Fishing Mill Creek - Public Access

Okay, thanks for the update. I had read several places that it was mostly private land but then someone mentioned otherwise and wanted to double check. Good to know, I think I will stick to The Yellowstone River.

Reply to: Fishing Mill Creek - Public Access
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pray
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.