We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches - accessibility

Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
54 reviews
Beaches - accessibility

My mom and I are here on vacation in Holland, MI. We'd like to go to the beach. My mom has trouble walking and does not want to risk walking on sand. She also cannot do a lot of steps. Can anyone recommend a beach nearby where we could park relatively close to the beach or one that has a short path to a beach with perhaps benches to sit on to watch the water?

1 reply
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Beaches - accessibility

Holland State Park. They have a free beach wheelchair first come first serve. The beach house has lots of food options plus has beach chairs and unbrellas. Two paved areas. One from the pier going east for miles, quite a while by the water. An extention going past modern bathrooms, beach house and a split leading close to the water.

Oval Beach and Grand Haven City Beach you also can get very close to the water via paved trail. Pere Marquette in Muskegon, Stearn in Ludington, North Beach in Grand Haven, South Haven and Silver Beach in Saint Joseph are all handicap accessable. Many rent beach wheelchairs or wheelchairs. Beach chair availability on some locations. You can read more about area beaches on www.beachtowns.org

Reply to: Beaches - accessibility
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holland