We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber or Lyft?

boston
4 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
Uber or Lyft?

Heading down to PTown/Truro the weekend of Sept 9th and I'm curious if Uber or Lyft has been reliable. I've seen at times they have drivers available, other times there are none. We will most likely utilize the shuttle to Ptown but if we miss the last ride back I'd like to make sure we aren't stuck walking back to Truro.

We also plan to go to the Beachcomber in Wellfleet and probably won't be in any state to drive home, didn't know if there were any direct routes on the shuttle or if a cab was our best bet.

Thanks in advance!

25 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
27,181 posts
67 reviews
53 helpful votes
21. Re: Uber or Lyft?

Oliver, I have now read every response on this thread TWICE and NOBODY mentioned anything about Uber and Lyft being illegal. What are you talking about?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
9 helpful votes
22. Re: Uber or Lyft?

Just wanted to note that in Provincetown, at least, the town sets the rates for in-town fares, so this is not a case of individual cab drivers or cab companies extorting anybody.

1 post
23. Re: Uber or Lyft?

Need an Uber or Lyft to get from ptown muni airport to Highland way North Truro Mass

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
7,260 posts
251 reviews
140 helpful votes
24. Re: Uber or Lyft?

Patricia, you should really start a new thread rather than tack onto the end of one that is over 1 1/2 years old.

1 post
25. Re: Uber or Lyft?

Fairs per person for cab companies seems to happen all over the place in small towns on the East Coast.

Reply to: Uber or Lyft?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown
Recent Conversations