We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Manchester, NH
Level Contributor
7 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Has anyone else been harassed by the owner of the Orleans Inn or restaurant? I posted a less than flattering review recently, and the owner felt it was appropriate (although against trip ad rules) to mention my place of business in his non-sensical response (which is against trip ad rule against identifying reviewers), after comparing what I had ordered to my credit card bill (obviously), then doing an internet search to find out my employer. I will be making trip advisor aware of this owner, and perhaps pursuing legal action through my employer and/or privately, as it is a potential civil issue. He is attempting to stifle poor reviews of his business (cite some of his responses to poor reviews at both the hotel and restaurant), and reviewers and tripadvisor should be concerned and take action.

42 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

This topic just keeps going round and round! The negative review in question was removed a long time ago. The OP made a post in this forum stating that the review had been removed. That was two years ago. Read back thru the posts and you will see.

Boston...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
42. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I came across this post, by accident, but am not surprised, but disturbed that this local business owner has been allowed to abuse his access to people's private credit card information. I wrote a review in 2011, that was removed, after that I became disenchanted with trip advisor, for allowing the owner of the Orleans Inn the power to have a legitimate post removed.

In addition, I became aware of a situation where the owner took it upon himself to illegally add a gratuity to an elderly couples credit card without their knowledge or consent. He then was able to enlist the assistance of the local police department to travel to this elderly couples home, ( 30 minutes from the town), and insist they contact and retract their complaint with the credit card company. I'm not sure of the outcome, I believe the owner "won". Needless to say, this really happened, the man is a criminal

Reply to: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orleans