We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Manchester, NH
Level Contributor
7 posts
176 reviews
Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Has anyone else been harassed by the owner of the Orleans Inn or restaurant? I posted a less than flattering review recently, and the owner felt it was appropriate (although against trip ad rules) to mention my place of business in his non-sensical response (which is against trip ad rule against identifying reviewers), after comparing what I had ordered to my credit card bill (obviously), then doing an internet search to find out my employer. I will be making trip advisor aware of this owner, and perhaps pursuing legal action through my employer and/or privately, as it is a potential civil issue. He is attempting to stifle poor reviews of his business (cite some of his responses to poor reviews at both the hotel and restaurant), and reviewers and tripadvisor should be concerned and take action.

42 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,948 posts
250 reviews
31. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

That is true Susan, but did you read the responses made by the owner to the negative reviews? I have never seen anything like them. People have left negative comments at other places and if there is a response from the owner or manger it is always couched in positive terms about how sorry he or she is and how they will try harder in the future and please try us again. Not this joker! He insults the people who made the comments.I am surprised that he is not jumping into this debate and telling his story.

Southern Pines...
Level Contributor
738 posts
32. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I did read them and they speak for themselves. What surprises me is that people are joining TA to post negative remarks on this thread on this subject. Why didn't these one time wonders read all the TA reviews before staying there? I smell a rat...

Chilmark...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
33. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I can't speak for any one else, but I was moved to write a review because I found the food to be so bad. I really care about food, and have been a cook both professionally and personally for many decades. I am fairly new to this sort of thing, but I posted a review and was absolutely horrified by the owner's rudeness and his audacity in contacting people directly or through whatever channels he can discover. The man is a terrible bully, using whatever means at his disposal to coerce people to remove any criticism of his establishment. This is completely against Trip Advisor's philosophy and should not be countinenced.

Southern Pines...
Level Contributor
738 posts
34. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

His responses speak for themselves as does your review. No further comment is really needed. You reviewed his business and he reviewed your review. You both did a public service for those contemplating a visit. What's left to do?

Level Contributor
913 posts
55 reviews
35. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I didn't find review but I would report him to TA and Yelp for violating the rules and if he has affected your or your employer reputation I would seek legal consult to see if worth taking legal action or trying to see if can find others he did that to and see if can file a class action suit. Power in numbers This guy needs to be stopped! !!

Edited: 22 July 2015, 13:15
Norwood...
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
36. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

He posted 3 separate responses to my review. TA removed the 1st 2 after I reported them as inappropriate. Which they most certainly were. The 1st one was so threatening & intimidating I considered notifying the police. TA removed it less than a day after it showed up. The 2nd one was also very disturbing. The 3rd one I don't mind because it certainly is not at all flattering to him & I believe does him more harm than good. He attacks me, says I'm not allowed back , & accuses me of things I did not do.

Level Contributor
913 posts
55 reviews
37. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I found your review and his response. You're right the response he left makes him look bad and only justifies your review. Maybe if he put half the effort into customer service that he puts into insulting his customers he would get better reviews.

Orleans...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
38. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

It is true that then owner does this

Southern Pines...
Level Contributor
738 posts
39. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

More nonsense. Be careful that the owner is not inspired to take action to protect his reputation and livelihood. If you have a legitimate review to post, then post it. Otherwise, please Stop stirring the pot!

Boston...
Level Contributor
490 posts
152 reviews
40. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I just looked through 15 pages of reviews on Orleans Inn in Orleans, Ma and did not find NCHS80 review.

Was it Removed? I did find a number of positive verses negative reviews.

All the negative reviews were answered by the Owner/Manager of this restaurant.

He seemed to take offense too to those individuals who gave a less than favorable rating & attacked them.

Edited: 24 September 2015, 13:06
Reply to: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orleans
Recent Conversations