We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Manchester, NH
Level Contributor
7 posts
176 reviews
Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Has anyone else been harassed by the owner of the Orleans Inn or restaurant? I posted a less than flattering review recently, and the owner felt it was appropriate (although against trip ad rules) to mention my place of business in his non-sensical response (which is against trip ad rule against identifying reviewers), after comparing what I had ordered to my credit card bill (obviously), then doing an internet search to find out my employer. I will be making trip advisor aware of this owner, and perhaps pursuing legal action through my employer and/or privately, as it is a potential civil issue. He is attempting to stifle poor reviews of his business (cite some of his responses to poor reviews at both the hotel and restaurant), and reviewers and tripadvisor should be concerned and take action.

42 replies to this topic
Southern Pines...
Level Contributor
738 posts
21. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I thought only 6 months or a year had to go by without a posting before the thread was closed. I can't comment on the subject of the thread at all as I haven't stayed there.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,942 posts
250 reviews
22. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I am looking at threads from August 2013 that are still open. That is almost two years without a post.

Southern Pines...
Level Contributor
738 posts
23. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Yes, I see the same thing

Cheshire...
Level Contributor
398 posts
59 reviews
24. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

This place is a dump anyway. Beautiful spot right with a great deck right on the water and yet it's been horrible to mediocre for years. I won't go. Too many way better options in the area.

Now that I read this I want to go out and write a terrible (and honest) review!

Honestly, rather than harass reviewers of this less-than-outstanding place maybe the owner should spend his time just making the place better.

Edited: 16 July 2015, 06:44
Chilmark...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
25. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I wrote a bad review and the owner contacted a family member insisting that the review be removed. I've been in touch with a few other folks and he harasses anyone who has given him a bad review. I wrote a letter to Trip Advisor's legal department, but never heard back from them. This guy even contacted someone's boss! He needs to be taken down.

Chilmark...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
26. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

yes, it is very true

Norwood...
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
27. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Wow yes indeed. You will see my review, which I reposted after he reported my 1st 1 as inappropriate & they took it down, due to the fact that I made "disparaging " comments about his responses to bad reviews. To my 2nd review, he has posted 3 responses. The 1st 2 were removed after I & others reported them as inappropriate, which they most definitely were. The 1st one was so threatening & intimidating I considered informing the police. The 3rd & final response is still there. I posted the same review on Yelp, where he is not allowed to respond. He sent me a private message & asked me to call him to discuss , which I ignored. I have talked to at least 2 other reviewers who were outright harassed by him & pressured to take down their truthful but unflattering reviews. He has contacted ones elderly family members, & the other's employer, & threatened litigation. I am now awaiting this happening to me.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
26 reviews
28. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

Is all this actually true? How does he identify someone's employer or their elderly family members?

Norwood...
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
29. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

I know in 1 case he got the persons name from their credit card slip then must have googled him & found out his company . In the case of him contacting the 89 yr old relative, he had her phone # from when she made their reservation. He also somehow got their husbands cell # & called him too. I think he spends all his time tracking down people who leave bad reviews & threatening & harassing them, their families & Their employers. He sent me a msg on yelp & asked me to call him. I think not. I just ignored him.

Southern Pines...
Level Contributor
738 posts
30. Re: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?

How did all these new posters find this thread?? There are an awful lot of posters with less than 5 contributions posting very negative things about this business owner . It's making me suspicious of their process and intent. Conversely, those posting glowing reviews on TA have had many reviews submitted and accepted. My advice for those considering a stay here is to read reviews from different sites, in addition to those on TA, to help form a balanced opinion.

Reply to: Orleans Inn - problems with owner after posting reviews?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orleans
Recent Conversations