We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nauset Beach

Val Caron, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
274 reviews
Nauset Beach

We'll be there the second week in October and wondering if anyone knows if the bathrooms will still be open at Nauset Beach

8 replies to this topic
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,950 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Nauset Beach

Is that Nauset Beach in East Orleans or Nauset Beach in the National Seashore?https://www.nps.gov/caco/planyourvisit/hours.htm

Edited: 19 September 2017, 07:51
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,954 posts
250 reviews
2. Re: Nauset Beach

The one in the National Seashore is Nauset Light Beach in Eastham. Since the OP posted in the East Orleans forum she probably means just plain Nauset Beach in Orleans. But you never know...

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,950 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Nauset Beach

Yes, of course you are right. I didn't notice that Howland.

I know that Liam's is open for lunch (11am to 4pm I think) until Columbus Day which is Oct. 9 but I can't tell if that is lumped together with the restrooms or not on the town site.

What do you think this posting means?

What are the facilities and concession stands at Nauset and Skaket?

Nauset- Restrooms, changing rooms, outside showers, handicapped accessibility-beach wheelchairs available seasonally. Snack bar (world famous onion rings) open Memorial Day through Columbus Day.

It might be best to call:

Contact Info

Phone:

(508) 240-3700 x 470 Admin

(508) 240-3700 x 475 Sticker Office

Val Caron, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
274 reviews
4. Re: Nauset Beach

Thank you for your replies. I was just throwing it out there to see if anyone knew if the bathrooms would still be open past Columbus Day. I know they are closed in November, but have never been down there past Columbus Day in October. Thanks again, guess I'll give them a call.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,950 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Nauset Beach

Beachglassgirl, I just made the call for you and the town says that they close the bathrooms on Mon. Oct. 9 --Columbus Day.

Keep in mind that you can go to Nauset Light Beach instead and then use the bathrooms at the Salt Pond Visitors Center there in Eastham......but yeah, I like the beach you are planning on visiting too.

Val Caron, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
274 reviews
6. Re: Nauset Beach

Thank you Charlie!!!

I love walking the beach at Nauset, the bathroom issue is the down side when you want to spend some time there, after September. It's a long way back to town again .

Last year they charged for parking right up till the middle of Sept. So this year we thought we'd give October a try.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,950 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Nauset Beach

If you find that too many things are closed this trip then adjust back into Sept. Columbus Day weekend seems to be the last 'hurrah' and when many more things still open after Labor Day then close.

Val Caron, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
274 reviews
8. Re: Nauset Beach

Yes will probably go back to Sept. next year again, but thought it's a month we've never been down there so we're going to give it a try. Although we have been there in November, almost all the leaves and colour were gone, The drive down in October might be really nice with the fall colours.

To me, any time on the Cape is a good time, as long as I get to walk the beaches.

Reply to: Nauset Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about East Orleans