We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Valpo in March 2010

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
74 reviews
Trip to Valpo in March 2010

Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay for a couples getwawy? Not too concerend about price but also don't necessarily need the priciest (don't care much for B&B's)

Also looking for a nice lunch & dinner spot. For lunch bright, warm, delicious sandwhich or soup or pannini type fare. Maybe a bar & grille or cafe. For dinner, something cozy & delicious with good customer service, meaning attentive, nice, polite, but not smothering. We also like Mexican and Itialian food. Not so much Chinese or any buffet style places.

Thanks!

Crown Point, Indiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
1. Re: Trip to Valpo in March 2010

If you're just looking for a chain type hotel there's a newer Holiday Inn Express right on Rt. 30 in Valpo. In my opinion though I would go for the B&B and try the Songbird Prairie. www.songbirdprairie.com or if you head a little farther east Serenity Springs, www.serenity-springs.com. As far as places to eat, for good Italian I like Pesto's, www.pestos.net. Pikk's Tavern in the town square is good for dinner also, www.pikkstavern.com.

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Trip to Valpo in March 2010

Thank you! :)

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: Trip to Valpo in March 2010

Can you comment at all on Don Quijote's, Paparrazi's, Isabella Bean's, or the Greek Pizzarria restaurants?

Thanks!

indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Trip to Valpo in March 2010

My sister and her husband love Don Quijote's. Greek Pizza is alright. We prefer Tony's pizza better. It is by Don Quijote's, both down town.

Crown Point, Indiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
5. Re: Trip to Valpo in March 2010

Don Quijote's is good, Paparrazi's is good too, but I still prefer Pesto's for Italian.

indiana
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Trip to Valpo in March 2010

Maria Elena

454 Greenwich St

Valparaiso, IN 46383

This place is good it serves Italian and Mexican, it is located near the campus in Valpo. I t is one of the first restaurants that my husband and I went to when we moved to the area. The menu is now online

http://maria-elenas.com/

Edited: 26 January 2010, 06:03
Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
74 reviews
7. Re: Trip to Valpo in March 2010

Thanks Everyone!

Indiana
Level Contributor
190 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Trip to Valpo in March 2010

If you're going to Valpo, you have to go to the Strongbow Inn. Awesome turkey place - it's not just for Thanskgiving!

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
74 reviews
9. Re: Trip to Valpo in March 2010

Just to let you all know, we stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and I highly recommend. Very nice staff, clean, new, comfy. We at at Billy Jacks. LOVED it. We also had a light lunch at the Uptown Cafe. OMG they have great coffee, bagels, and scones. Delicious! And it was so laid back and the atmosphere was comfortable with very nice girls working there. I recommend it as well.

10. Re: Trip to Valpo in March 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2010, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Valparaiso