We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

djibouti visa in hargeisa

Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
djibouti visa in hargeisa

Is it possible for foreingers (EU passport) to get a djiboutian visa in Hargeisa? If yes, how long does it take?

There is a djibouti embassy in hargeisa, but as far as I know in 2018 they didnt issue visas. Since then maybe something had changed.

https://ioverlander.com/places/54249-embassy-of-djibouti

In the somaliland embassy they told me they don't issue visas for foreigners in the djiboutian embassy in hargeisa. On the other hand, at the immigration office in Djibouti they told me its possible to get a djiboutian visa in hargeisa, so very contradictory infos.

The evisa doesn't work for me, as I'm travelling over land through Lawyacado border from Hargeisa to Djibouti and they don't accept evisas on landborders (checked with the officials). Djiboutian visa on arrival on land border exist only for somali citizens.

1 reply
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
306 posts
1. Re: djibouti visa in hargeisa

Djiboutian Consulate General in Hargeisa mostly deals with trade matters & Consular affairs matter for Djiboutian citizens in Somaliland.

Djibouti Consulate General does not issue visa in Hargeisa.

You need have Djiboutian visa in advance. Most Foreign National apply for E-visa in advance and land at Djibouti airport.

Also get Djibouti visa from Djiboutian Embassy in Addis Ababa.

Edited: 03 November 2023, 08:28
Reply to: djibouti visa in hargeisa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Somaliland
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.