We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there other backpackers in Hargeisa?

Are there other backpackers in Hargeisa?

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

2 replies to this topic
Mogadishu, Somalia
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Are there other backpackers in Hargeisa?

I believe it will be rare to backpackers due to law tourist in our country. But not possible, it's nice to find someone to share the coast and experience I hope you find someone before you reach as.

Mandalay, Myanmar
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Are there other backpackers in Hargeisa?

Hi Alex,

I lived there for a year, teaching, not many backpackers, based on my experience if you show up at one of the (many) universities, and tell them you are visiting from _____, for a few days and you heard that the uni profs generally speak English, you'll probably make some friends. you can also just go to any cafe and anybody that speaks English will approach for the opportunity to practice English. Often the cafe owners got their capital outside, where they learned English, then came back to set up shop. My advice is accept these approaches, make a friend, and go with/meet them in the city, you'll have a much better experience that "camera and Lonely Planet", it's not really that kind of place

Reply to: Are there other backpackers in Hargeisa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Somaliland
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.