We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day 26 May

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
159 reviews
Memorial Day 26 May

Flying in to Chicago from the UK on 26 May, finding it difficult to get a restaurant reservation.

Is this because it is busy or are they closed?

Edited: 09 May 2014, 03:53
Best Seller
Chicago Architecture River Cruise
3,324 Reviews
from US$41.44*
Best Seller
Chicago Crime and Mob Tour
539 Reviews
from US$39.95*
Special Offer
Skydeck Chicago Admission
627 Reviews
from US$22.00*
US$24.00
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18,229 posts
118 reviews
1. Re: Memorial Day 26 May

A lot of restaurants close but not all. You'll be able to find somewhere to eat. If you have a specific place in mind you should check with them.

It's a day for cookouts at home or beach so restaurants that are open will not be especially busy.

Edited: 09 May 2014, 04:45
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,800 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Memorial Day 26 May

I did a quick search on www.opentable.com and came up with 170 restaurants with availability.

B.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,284 posts
842 reviews
3. Re: Memorial Day 26 May

May not be a night for a nicer dinner, but there will always be pizza and fast food options...

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
18,601 posts
140 reviews
4. Re: Memorial Day 26 May

It's a perfect night for a nice dinner out. Restaurants don't close for Memorial Day. A quick check on www.opentable show more restaurants than I can count with availability between 7:00-9:00. Locals tend to bar-b-que and have picnics if they have a back yard. Finding a reservation should be easy. Restaurants will need your business. Don't waste a possible decent meal time on a pizza. Only tourists eat pizza in Chicago. Well, I have one maybe twice a year when I have out of town guests.

5. Re: Memorial Day 26 May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 16:17