We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Martin County - Which beaches don't have shallow water reefs

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
108 posts
88 reviews
51 helpful votes
Martin County - Which beaches don't have shallow water reefs

Are there any beaches in Martin County that don't have shallow water reefs? My kids like to swim in the ocean, but I don't want them to get hurt on underwater boulders or reef. Thanks for any info on this!

5 replies to this topic
Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
168 posts
160 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Martin County - Which beaches don't have shallow water reefs

Bathtub Beach and Walton (aka Dog's Beach) Rock's Beach are the only two I can think of where shallow water and swimming can be problematic depending on low tides. Two big parking lot beaches on Hutchinson Island, Stuart and Jensen, are great for families and kids. Further south is Hobe Sound, also with a lot of parking and amenities.

Palm City, Florida
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
102 reviews
47 helpful votes
2. Re: Martin County - Which beaches don't have shallow water reefs

I agree with docoffee, our beaches with the exception of Bathtub and Walton are clean and safe for swimming. Parking is free also. Some of our beaches have food and non alcoholic beverages available either 0n the beach front or in close proximity. Bathtub beach which is close to Gilberts house of refuge is a beach with nice shallow water for smaller kids, but does have reefs. Interesting place. Other places you might want to visit are the Elliott Museum which has a fantastic collection of older cars etc. Its quite something and not a stuffy old museum. Florida Oceanographic is on Hutchinson Island they have a stingray encounter where the kids can feed the stingrays. ITs a nice family friendly area.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
108 posts
88 reviews
51 helpful votes
3. Re: Martin County - Which beaches don't have shallow water reefs

Thank you both for this information!

Palm City, Florida
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
102 reviews
47 helpful votes
4. Re: Martin County - Which beaches don't have shallow water reefs

Forgot to tell you to look at Martin county's web site. Gives you a nice overview!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Martin County - Which beaches don't have shallow water reefs

Great, thank you!

Reply to: Martin County - Which beaches don't have shallow water reefs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stuart
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.