We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Snorkeling, and Nice Lunch

Rye, New York
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
Easy Snorkeling, and Nice Lunch

Hi! Driving through from Miami to Titusville and looking for a special lunch spot with my family, would also love to spend an hour snorkeling with my kids 9 and 12 who are beginner snorkelers. Is Bathtub the best option in the area, or would Fort Pierce Inlet be better? A shipwreck kids can access? What’s the easiest access in the area to some nice snorkeling? Nicest nearby place for lunch?

2 replies to this topic
Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
168 posts
160 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Easy Snorkeling, and Nice Lunch

As far as I know, there are no shipwrecks that can be accessed from shore for snorkelers. Bathtub is a good option as long as you stay within the protective reef area. The snorkeling is best when the water is calm--early morning in general. As to where to eat, on the island itself I would head towards Ft. Pierce for a slew of on the water (inlet) locations such as On the Edge, Square Grouper, or Manatee Island. The inlet is about a 30 minute drive down the island.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
25,448 posts
133 reviews
81 helpful votes
2. Re: Easy Snorkeling, and Nice Lunch

Check out snorkeling in the Palm Beach and Jupiter areas. From what I understand they have the best next to being in the Florida Keys. The Fort Pierce inlet and any inlet can be very dangerous for snorkeling altho lots of people do it. Lot of discarded fishing line, hooks, and also boaters not paying attention. For actual wreck snorkeling you would need to book a trip with a tour group as most wrecks are not right on the beach but offshore. For a good place to eat in Jupiter we like The Dive Bar.

Reply to: Easy Snorkeling, and Nice Lunch
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stuart
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.