We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day 2014

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
13 reviews
Memorial Day 2014

We like driving Sundays to avoid the weekday office rush hours in the early mornings and afternoons. This time the Memorial day weekend has become a factor, driving from Ormond Beach to Toronto. We have to stop for a night in Kentucky or Tennessee.

Will Sunday 25 May be a bad day for traffic along I-75 North and will hotels charge a premium that night? I expect we will need a hotel in Tennessee or Kentucky between 6 pm and 7 pm.

Thanks

Dennis

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
1. Re: Memorial Day 2014

Yes you will pay a premium because of the holiday weekend. Traffic will be a problem on I-75. Sorry

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Memorial Day 2014

Thanks for your input.

We are driving on Sun May 25 north bound on I -75 N starting at 6 am from Daytona and expect to stop for the night south of Lexington Kentucky (motel booked and paid in advance. I do not expect them to spring a surprise and charge me extra for Sunday night.) On Monday morning we drive to Detroit and cross the bridge into Canada. Not sure if Sunday will be a traffic problem on the highways; Monday May 26 could.

3. Re: Memorial Day 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Ormond Beach
Recent Conversations