We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

memorial day

newcastle
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
75 reviews
memorial day

hi when i've looked at the busiest days timetable i've realised we've prebooked at charactor dinner at magic kingdom on memorial day. the plan being we would go later and keep the kids there later than usual to see the parade and fireworks that night. as its memorial day will it be much more crowded or will there be more atmosphere and more going on. i just don't know anything about this holiday

pa
Level Contributor
55,213 posts
1. Re: memorial day

It will be busy BUT not insane. Just pace yourselves and know you can never do it ALL, not even during slow times of the year. Put a Basic Plan in mind of the Rides and shows that you think will be enjoyed by your family. Understand and use the Fast Pass System

http://allears.net/tp/fastpass.htm

Memorial Day Weekend really isn't that bad, nowhere near the Crowd Levels of Easter or Christmas

Relax and Enjoy what you can, you'll be on Holiday :)

newcastle
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
75 reviews
2. Re: memorial day

the site i found the timetable on said memorial day was 24th may but i've seen on this site that its 31st may do you know which one it is? the monday we've booked is the 24th as we return home on the 28th (depressed even thinking about that)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,753 posts
3. Re: memorial day

Always observed on the last Monday of May or the 31st this year

newcastle
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
75 reviews
4. Re: memorial day

thanks i can't understand why undercover traveller had it as 24th. we now only have the issue of MK being busy on a monday

5. Re: memorial day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 18:17