We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to usa 10th november help please.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
travel to usa 10th november help please.
Save

hi i am looking for some help please as travel companys dont seem to know the answers.

me and my wife want to book to go to florida next month on the 10th till 25th. we are both double jabbed with astrazeneca.

our second jabs was given 3rd june so i assume they will cover us.

we are trying to find out what we need to do to be able to travel to the usa.

we know we need to have the pcr test but is it just a pcr test or a fit to fly test ?

when in america florida do we need to then take a days 2 to 5 lateral flow test ?

when we return to the uk do we need to take another pcr or lateral flow test ?

any help would be great also if you think of anything we may need to do that i havnt thought of please feel free to mention it,

7 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
1. Re: travel to usa 10th november help please.
Save

There is no lateral flow requirement after 2-5 days in US especially not Florida. If you want to buy a test kit, go for it but nobody cares.

You need to look at UK requirements to test to go home and figure out where to get that test in the right timeliness.

Your airline should have info on what you need to board a flight to the US. It's a viral test. I think PCR. No idea what fit to fly means, if you test positive on the test to go homeyou are stuck in US but no one enforces anything about what you do in Florida. It's wide open.

Your airline and airport may require masks. US ones do. Bring some.

Do you have a visa or ESTA? https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta

Edited: 23 October 2021, 03:22
Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,660 posts
71 reviews
97 helpful votes
2. Re: travel to usa 10th november help please.
Save

1: You may not use NHS funded tests of any type to validate your travel in either direction.. They must be paid tests.

2: I understand that the USA accepts those fully vaccinated with (inter alia) Oxford/AstraZeneca. I understand you MUST take a (paid) lateral flow test within 72 hours before departure and be able to prove it (obviously) which I presume is where the "Fit to Fly" certificate comes in - but never having done this (yet) that is just a guess. There are no quarantine or other testing requirements during your visit. (I'd suggest, for your own comfort, you may wish to carry a handful of NHS lateral flow tests on your baggage for your own private use whilst away).

3: I believe there are no pre-departure requirements for your return to England.

4: Up to two days after arrival you are required to take a (paid) Lateral Flow test. I gather some airports intend to offer this as a walk-through service for arrivals.

Note that any of this might change at short notice so be prepared for more hurdles. E&OE. And, yes, obtain ESTAs for your party.

Wemyss Bay, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: travel to usa 10th november help please.
Save

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

All you need to know in the pages above, Scan has highlighted all that’s truly necessary and as Coral said nobody gives a rats azz anyway. It’s reassuring to know ‘they’ are taking things seriously so there won’t be a seventeenth wave in America. 🤔

4. Re: travel to usa 10th november help please.

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2021, 15:14

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
20 reviews
12 helpful votes
5. Re: travel to usa 10th november help please.
Save

All you need is your vaccine passport, esta and a negative test 72 hours before your flight departure. Nothing else required during your holiday, nothing required to get back into the UK.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
77 reviews
72 helpful votes
6. Re: travel to usa 10th november help please.
Save

You will need a day 2 lateral flow test for when you get back to the UK, you also need to complete a passenger locator form.

You need the day 2 test reference to complete your passenger locator form.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
17,712 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
7. Re: travel to usa 10th november help please.
Save

Sorry to hijack but what would a fully vaccinated (+ booster) US citizen need to enter the UK?

Reply to: travel to usa 10th november help please.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.