We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day - Miami - taking hubby to Marlins vs NY METS

New Jersey
Level Contributor
78 posts
9 reviews
Memorial Day - Miami - taking hubby to Marlins vs NY METS

Hi all...hopefully someone is a baseball fan out there...

We're from NY and for my 1st Wedding Anniversary i thought it would be nice to give my husand the traditional PAPER gift, in the form of 'tickets' to his favorite teams' away game (ny mets)...and throw in a mini vacation in a sexy city!

#1 having a hard time finding a hotel, thats not over the top. just looking to get away for the weekend and not empty my pockets...need something thats 7-13miles from the stadium, with some decent amenities, close proximity to beach & not necessary close to all of the hustle/bustle.

I've looked into these hotels:

>LeMeridian Sunny Isles Beach

>Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel

>Beacon Hotel

>Doubletree Surfcomber Hotel

#2 how do i get tkts to one of these games?? lol

any help that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Memorial Day - Miami - taking hubby to Marlins vs NY METS

Hello Pxychk,

Know that Memorial Day weekend in South Beach is "different" than a typical weekend. Check out www.blackbeachweek.com/urbanbeachweek1.html for more detail.

Check out earlier posts on this web site as to the environment during that weekend. My friends down there tell me to avoid that weekend as traffic is unreal and every place is packed.

We're staying at the Doubletree in Sunny Isles for the first time at the end of this month and will post info on it afterwards. That area is far enough north that it should not be effected by Black Beach Week.

If you decide to stay in SoBe, I can highly recommend Doubletree Surfcomber. We stay there often and recommend it often to friends.

Cheers.

miami beach
Level Contributor
54 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Memorial Day - Miami - taking hubby to Marlins vs NY METS

South beach Memorial day weekend.......is one big garbage pit. Trust me hubby will be happy if you avoid this area like the plague.

miami beach
Level Contributor
54 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Memorial Day - Miami - taking hubby to Marlins vs NY METS

Oh yeah do not buy tickets ahead of time. No one goes to the games so buy a cheap ticket outside and when you get in you will be able to sit so close to the field you can smell the grass. I would no have given such adviced had you said he was a yankee fan.

4. Re: Memorial Day - Miami - taking hubby to Marlins vs NY METS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Miami Beach