We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor store downtown Miami?

Iowa
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Liquor store downtown Miami?

To the locals,

Since we don't want to schlep wine on the plane from home, is there a liquor store within walking distance from the Holiday Inn downtown? We can take two bottles of wine on our cruise ship, and would like to take advantage of that.

If so, which direction and how many blocks?

Thanks for any info,

Beergirl (and wine girl too!)

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
400 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
176 Reviews
from US$38.00*
Miami to Key West Day Trip with...
34 Reviews
from US$39.00*
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: Liquor store downtown Miami?

Hi Beer and Wine Girl,

According to local yellow pages, there are two liquor stores near your hotel.

House Of Wine & Liquor

330 Se 1st St

Miami, FL 33131

(305) 533-9898

Liquor Downtown

207 E Flagler St

Miami, FL 33131 Map

(786) 425-2669

Be aware that downtown Miami is pretty dead on weekends, with the exception of Bayside Marketplace, opposite your hotel. Regrettably there are no liquor stores there

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/

If you get your wine, make sure you hide it well. Cruise lines don't like you bringing booze aboard. They want to sell it to you at inflated prices on board.

Enjoy your cruise. Don't fall overboard.

Cheers

Martin

st. paul
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Liquor store downtown Miami?

When you come out of the HI turn right go 2 blocks turn right go1 block turn left it is in the middle of the block. There also is a Walgreens at the end of the block . I believe this the on on Flagler. I would advise you to get this stuff durnjing the day. I don't think this a vary safe area at night.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,683 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Liquor store downtown Miami?

beergirl>

There are a number of places to check out right near your hotel. Walk south on Biscayne to E. Flagler Street and take a right. There is a Downtown Liquor store on that street just past the Marshall's on the north side of the street. There is also a Walgreens there if you need to buy any liquids like shampoo or whatever they take away at the airport this week.

A block further south is SE 1st Street. If you turn down this street, there is a ROSS dress for less shop and a few cafes to try plus a brand new wine and liquor shop right next door to the HERTZ Car rental. I think a number of new wine and liqour shops have opened in the last 6 months for smart cruisers like you who decide to BYOB...

I have made a map for you to print out that will guide you all around your hotel to great restaurants, bars, shopping and sightseeing.

Paste this link into your browser and print it out -

It is AG's CRUISE GUIDE > >

http://tinyurl.com/2wavz8

Have a great trip!

AG

Iowa
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Liquor store downtown Miami?

Thanks, all of you, for your informative replies.

Our ship allows us to bring two bottles of wine aboard with no problems.

A G - I'll check out that site. I'm sure I'll pick up some pointers.

Thanks again,

B

miami
3 posts
5. Re: Liquor store downtown Miami?

you can go to house of wine & liquor you can call and they will delivery 305-533-9898 there are open til 1:30 am they are also walking distance from there

miami
3 posts
6. Re: Liquor store downtown Miami?

house of wine & liquors is right there and they are open Mon-Sat 9 am to 1:30 AM sunday 12 pm til 1:30 am and they will deliver for FREE!! great selection and price.. 305-533-9898

7. Re: Liquor store downtown Miami?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 07:17