We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day Crowds

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
255 posts
167 reviews
Memorial Day Crowds

Hello! This may be a silly question, but how crowded does KW get on Memorial Day weekend? Are we talking peak crowds (lines everywhere) or just crowds (lots of people, some lines)?

I read about the Minimal Regatta and the (probably very fun) mob scene at Islamorada but that's about all I could find on the topic.

I've been to KW 3x (Xmas parade, late Feb, mid-May) but I have a feeling none of these were peak tourist times. :-)

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,550 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Memorial Day Crowds

It's not near as busy as late Feb. Yes, a few more people around but not like peak season. The worst will be the drive out of the Keys on Monday. Don't do it!!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
255 posts
167 reviews
2. Re: Memorial Day Crowds

Sweet! Just what I wanted to hear ;-)

3. Re: Memorial Day Crowds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:15